Belmont Shore Rugby Football Club is a United States rugby union team named after the Belmont Shore neighborhood of Long Beach, California, which has a tradition of amateur rugby.
The Belmont Shore team was founded in 1974, and was one of the original US Rugby Super League teams in 1997. The team has been in the Super League Finals in seven of the past ten championships. They have been league champions four times, most recently in 2007. They were runners-up to the New York Athletic Club team in 2005, and to the San Diego-based Old Mission Beach Athletic Club team in 2006.
Belmont Shore dropped out of the Rugby Super League in October, 2009.
Club honours 
- Rugby Super League Champions: 1998, 2003, 2004, 2007
- Rugby Super League Runner-up: 1999, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008
- US Men's Division I National Championship Runner-up: (15's) 2010
- US Men's 7's National Champions: 2009
- US Men's 7's National Runner-Up: 2008, 2010
- US Men's 7's National Champions: 2011
- US Men's 7's National Champions: 2012
- US Men's Division I National Champions (15's): 2012
Belmont Shore features adult and youth divisions. The adult division competes in Division I; the youth division features 6 teams - U-9 through U19.
The SuperLeague's primary sponsor is Michelob Amber Bock, with each individual team receiving a portion of those revenues. In addition to Amber Bock, Belmont Shore has individual sponsorships. Notable primary sponsors include CP Ships and Dr Pepper/7Up. Also DCL Direct (Direct Container Line) and Kudu Rugby.
Notable players 
Note: caps and participation are accurate as of 10 August 2006
United States national rugby union team - USA Eagles 
Former Eagles 
Air New Zealand Cup 
Other Notable Players 
- Craig Wells,centre,Australia U21 - 1990,91, NSW Waratahs - 1991,92(10 x caps),Australian Wallaby World Cup Training Squad & Australia "B" - 1991,ACT Brumbies Super 12s - 1998,99(2 x caps),Australian Classic Wallabies - 1999,New Zealand NPC 1st Division - 1999 (Southland),Holland National Champion - 2004(Castricum),USA Super League National Champion - 2004,07(Belmont Shore),USA Classic Eagles - 2008
Other rugby teams in Long Beach 
Besides Belmont Shore RFC, there is the Belmont Shore Women's Rugby Football Club (nicknamed the "Landsharks", they have two national championships), Coast Women's RFC, and a mens club team at Long Beach State (which has made the National Final Four on four occasions),
External links