|Public service with separate management within the Federal Public Service for Science Policy Programming (since 2000)|
Chairman of the Management Committee
Belnet (or the Belgian National research and education network) is a Belgian internet provider for educational institutions, research centres, scientific institutes and government services. Since 1993, BELNET provides web services to higher education, federal departments and ministries, and international organisations.
Belnet also operates the Belgian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT.be), and the Belgian National Internet eXchange (BNIX). Belnet is connected to Internet2 (a not-for-profit United States networking consortium), GÉANT (a high speed pan-European data network) and to several European internet exchanges, and is active in grid computing.
- "Who are we?". Belnet.be. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "History". Belnet.be. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Separately-managed State department - Research and applications - Belgian Science Policy". Belspo.be. Retrieved 2013-08-12.
- "Announcement - Belgian research grid connects to world-wide grid". Belnet.be. 22 November 2005.
- Official website
- Cisco et BELNET accélèrent le trafic Internet belge
- BELNET développe les services de protection informatique
- Gridguide : BELNET
- P-GRADE Portal
|This Belgian company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Internet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This World Wide Web–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|