Belo Jardim (Beautiful Garden) a Brazilian municipality in the state of Pernambuco. Has an estimated population in 2009 of 74.028. Total area of 647.7 km². It is located at 608 meters above the sea level and 182 km away from the state capital, Recife.
The economy is based on agribusiness (poultry, guava-based products, other food), agriculture (beans, maize, sweet potatoes, banana, coffee, manioc, tomatoes, garlic, sugar cane), and automotive batteries. The city is the headquarters of Acumuladores Moura S.A. (Baterias Moura).
- State - Pernambuco
- Region - Agreste of Pernambuco
- Boundaries - Brejo da Madre de Deus and Jataúba (N); São Bento do Una and Sanharó (S); Pesqueira (W); Tacaimbó (E)
- Area - 647.7 sqkm
- Elevation - 608 m
- Hidrography - Ipojuca River
- Vegetation - Subcaducifólia forest
- Clima - Semi-arid
- Annual average temperature - 22.5 c
- Main road - BR 232
- Distance to Recife - 182 km
The economy is based on agribusiness, agriculture, commerce and automotive batteries. The city is the headquarters of Acumuladores Moura S.A. (Baterias Moura or Auto-batteries Moura).
|Population||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE|
Economy by Sector 2006
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|
- http://www.ibge.gov.br/home/estatistica/populacao/estimativa2009/POP2009_DOU.pdf IBGE Population 2009 Belo Jardim, page 32]]
- Belo Jardim 2007 GDP IBGE pag 29
- PE State site - City by city profile
|This Pernambuco, Brazil location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|