|• Total||8.87 km2 (3.42 sq mi)|
|Elevation||685 m (2,247 ft)|
|• Density||860/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Dakshina Kannada|
|Vidhana Sabha constituency||Belthangady|
Belthangady is located at  It has an average elevation of 685 metres (2247 feet)..
In the 2001 India census, the town of Belthangady had a population of 7,302. Males constituted 50% of the population and females 50%. Belthangady had an average literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 53% of the males and 47% of females being literate. In 2001 in the town of Belthangady, 11% of the population was under 6 years of age.
In the 2011 census, the town of Belthangady had a population of 7,635.
Tourist spots in the town of Belthangady
- Chandkur Temple, Belthangady
- Kuthyaru Somanatheshwara Temple, Belthangady
- Most Holy Redeemer's Church, Beltangady
- Sanyasikatte Shree Parashurama Temple
- Shree Mahadevi Marigudi, Belthangady
- Shree Anantheshwa temple, Ballamanja, Belthangady
- Shree Odilu Mahalingeshwara Temple, Odilu, Belthangady
- Shree mudhadi maravandi kodamanithaya kshetra
- jamalabhad fort nada manjjotti↔
- Shri Udhbhava Raudhranatheshwara Temple, Nadubottu, Madanthyar.
List of Colleges
- Prasanna College of Education, Belthangady.
- Kalpatharu Nursing school, Belthangady
- Vani pre university college Belthangady
- Mundaje Junior College,
- Govt Junior College, Punjalakatte
- Secred Heart P U Collage, Madanthyar
- Govt First Garde College, Belthangady
- Diya Computer Education
- Taluk office Belthangady ( Tahsildar office )
- Taluk Panchayath, Belthangady
- Town Panchayath, Belthangady
Main Place in Belthangady
- Manjjotti Nada
- Parari valbail
- S.D.M.Hospital, Ujire
- L.M.Pinto Hospital, Badyar
- Govt Hospital, Belthangady
- Benaka Hospital, Ujire
- Bhat, N. Shyam (1998). South Kanara, 1799–1860: a study in colonial administration and regional response. Mittal Publications. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- Bhat 1998, p. 81
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc – Beltangadi
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "NPR Report: Karnataka: Dakshina Kannada: Beltangadi". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011.
- "Belthangady church awaits body of Archibishop Ambrose Madtha". The Deccan Herald. 10 December 2012. Archived from the original on 30 April 2013.
- Nadubottu Temple Facebook Page
- Nadubottu Temple, Parenki
- 200 Belthangady MLA Constituency
- K Vasantha Bangera
- Dr D Veerendra Heggade
- Shri Kshethra Dharmasthala Rural Development Project
- ಮತದಾರರ ಪಟ್ಟಿಯಲ್ಲಿ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಹೆಸರನ್ನು ಹುಡುಕಿ
- DK.DC Mangalore