Belton High School (Belton, Missouri)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Belton High School (Missouri))
|Belton High School|
|107 Pirate Pkwy
Belton, Missouri, United States
|Type||Comprehensive Public High School|
|School district||Belton School District USD No. 124|
|NCES District ID||2904620|
|Color(s)||Purple and Gold|
|Front view of the school|
For the 2013-2014 school year, the student population is 982. There is a 17:1 student ratio. The Missouri State average is 14:1.
Notable Students and Alumni
- Harry S. Truman, 33rd President of the United States. He attended Belton schools through the eighth grade. He completed high school, however, at William Chrisman High School in Independence, Missouri.
- Tate Stevens, The X Factor USA season 2 winner
- Joe Falcon, middle distance runner
- Brad St. Louis, former football player for the Cincinnati Bengals
- Drew Davis, founder of Drew Davis Band
- Wayne Westerman, co-founded FingerWorks, which was acquired by Apple Inc to help develop gesture recognition technology for the iPhone and iPad
- Kara Kopetsky, went missing on May 4, 2007
- Gregg Williams, former Buffalo Bills head coach, was the high school's football coach in the mid-1980s.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Belton 124". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- Missouri Comprehensive Data System - District Info Retrieved 2014-01-09.