Belvita, sometimes written belVita or BelVita, is a brand of breakfast biscuit sold originally by Kraft Foods and now by Mondelēz International, a company created from the global snacking and food brands of Kraft Foods. The biscuits were first marketed in Europe, and were introduced to the United States market in 2012.
The product was launched in the United States on Super Bowl Sunday, and its online social media campaign in the United States uses influencer marketing. Influencers include illustrator Katie Rogers, fashion photographer Meagan Cignoli, intensati founder Patricia Moreno and Lukes Lobster founder Luke Holden.
Lisa Snowdon, an English fashion model, television personality and presenter, was the face of Belvita in the United Kingdom in 2010, having appeared in advertisements for the biscuits with fellow Capital FM DJ Johnny Vaughan.
- "Kraft Is Betting Big On The Global Cookie Business’ Future". Trefis. 24 September 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- Smith, Katie (21 December 2011). "US: Kraft to launch Belvita biscuits in the US". Just-Food. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- MacArthur, Kate (February 14, 2012). "Kraft faces what-is-it question with breakfast biscuit launch". Crain's Chicago Business. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- Elliott, Stuart (11 November 2011). "Kraft Gives Plum Assignment to Crispin Porter & Bogusky". Media Decoder (The New York Times). Retrieved 22 October 2012.
- Evans, Laura (19 October 2012). "UK biscuit brands feel full force of economic crunch". The Grocer. Retrieved 22 October 2012.
The best performance came from ‘breakfast’ biscuit Belvita. Sales rose 84.5% by value and 66% by volume.
- "The REAL credit crunch: Sales of Hobnobs are crumbling as cash-strapped shoppers opt for own-label alternatives". Main Online. 20 October 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2012.