Bemidji State Beavers women's ice hockey
|Bemidji State Beavers women's ice hockey|
|Head coach||Steve Sertich|
|4th year, 33–93–20|
|Colors||Green and White
On February 27, 2010, Bemidji State ends its 14 game playoff losing streak in a 2-1 victory over St. Cloud State. The next day, the Beavers defeated St. Cloud State in Game 3, and advanced to the WCHA Final Face-Off for the first time in school history. Zuzana Tomcikova had 27 saves and the win was the Beavers 12th win of the season. It ties the school record for most wins in a season (accomplished in 2001-02). The Beavers advanced to play the Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs in the WCHA semi-finals but were eliminated.
On October 16, 2010, Alana McElhinney made a career-high 56 saves. In the game, Bemidji State had its first-ever win over a No. 1-ranked team as they defeated the Mercyhurst Lakers by a 5-3 mark. In addition, this was the second women's game ever played at the new Bemidji Regional Event Center.
October 29-30, 2010: Erin Cody had the biggest weekend of her collegiate career. She was involved in all seven of the Bemidji State's goals, as the Beavers swept St. Cloud State. Cody had five goals and two assists, and was a factor in both game-winning goals. Cody earned the First Star of the Game honors in both games. In the first game, Cody scored a natural hat trick (a power-play, shorthanded, and even-strength goal). All three goals were scored in the first period and set a Beavers record for most goals scored by a single player in one period. In the second game, Cody had two goals and two assists.
On January 28, 2012, the Badgers hosted a record crowd of 12,402 attended the Kohl Center as Wisconsin swept the Bemidji State Beavers. Alex Rigby made 28 saves to obtain her sixth shutout of the campaign. Her rival between the pipes, Bemidji State netminder Zuzana Tomcikova made 32 saves.
Year by year 
|2009-10||12||19||7||Steve Sertich||Lost to Minnesota Duluth in WCHA Final Face-Off semifinals|
- Nina Ziegenhals, defenseman, Germany; 2002 Winter Olympics
- Zuzana Tomcikova, goaltender, Slovak Republic; 2010 Winter Olympics
Beavers players in professional hockey 
|Jenn Sadler||Mississauga Chiefs||CWHL|
|Caesare Stimson||Minnesota Whitecaps||WWHL|
Awards and honors 
- Steve Sertich, 2010 WCHA Coach of the Year
- Zuzana Tomcikova, WCHA Defensive Player of the Week (Week of October 12, 2009)
- Zuzana Tomcikova, WCHA Defensive Player of the Week (Week of November 9, 2009)
- Zuzana Tomcikova, WCHA Co-Defensive Player of the Week (Week of January 20, 2010)
- Zuzana Tomcikova, WCHA Defensive Player of the Week (Week of October 5, 2010)
- Zuzana Tomcikova, Patty Kazmaier Award nominee
- Zuzana Tomcikova, 2010 Co-WCHA Player of the Year
- Zuzana Tomcikova, 2011-12 CCM Hockey Women’s Division I All-American: Second Team
- Erika Wheelhouse, Bemidji State, WCHA Rookie of the Week (Week of January 11, 2010)
See also