Ben 10: Omniverse
|Ben 10: Omniverse|
|Created by||Man of Action Studios (Duncan Rouleau, Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, and Steven T. Seagle)|
|Voices of||Dee Bradley Baker
|Theme music composer||Parry Gripp|
|No. of episodes||40 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Brian A. Miller and Jennifer Pelphrey (for Cartoon Network Studios)
Tramm Wigzell and Rob Sorcher (for Cartoon Network)
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Cartoon Network Studios|
|Original channel||Cartoon Network
Cartoon Network Too
|First shown in||August 1, 2012Cartoon Network)(Preview On|
|Original run||September 22, 2012– present|
Ben 10: Omniverse is an American animated television series currently airing on Cartoon Network, in the United States. The series is the fourth installment in the Ben 10 franchise. Man of Action (group consisting of Duncan Rouleau, Joe Casey, Joe Kelly, and Steven T. Seagle) created the franchise.
The series was announced at Cartoon Network's Upfront in 2011. Concept art, described as an homage to the original Ben 10 series, designed by Derrick J. Wyatt (Transformers: Animated and Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated) was first unveiled at the 2012 UK Toy Fair.
The series premiered on September 22, 2012, with a "sneak peek episode" that aired on August 1, 2012. A "sneak peek" of the series aired after "Ben 10 Week" (March 19, 2012 – March 24, 2012).
The series follows the adventures of Ben Tennyson, wielder of the Omnitrix, a watch-like device that allows Ben to change into aliens. The storylines alternate between that of eleven-year old Ben (one year after the original series) and sixteen-year old Ben (a few months after Ben 10: Ultimate Alien). After Gwen leaves for college and Kevin leaves to be closer to her, sixteen-year old Ben gets a new partner, a rookie by-the-book alien plumber named Rook Blonko (surname first). On a mission to explore a secret underground alien city named Undertown, Ben explores the quirkier side of things in the alien underground and discovers that enemies from his past are looking for a rematch. All the while, Ben becomes targeted by a mysterious hunter known as Khyber who is working for Malware (a psychotic mutant Galvanic Mechamorph) and Dr. Psychobos (a Cerebrocrustacean mad scientist).
In "T.G.I.S.," it is revealed that the Ben 10 universe shares the same universe with The Secret Saturdays.
|Story Arc||Episodes||Originally aired (U.S. dates)||Main Antagonist||DVD release date|
|Arc start||Arc finish|
|1||10||August 1, 2012 (Sneak peek)
September 22, 2012 (Premiere)
|November 17, 2012||Khyber||February 5, 2013|
|2||10||November 24, 2012||February 2, 2013||Malware||July 9, 2013|
|3||10||February 9, 2013||April 6, 2013||The Incurseans||November 5, 2013|
|4||10||October 3, 2013
October 5, 2013 (Premiere)
|December 7, 2013||Albedo||TBA|
- Dee Bradley Baker – Lodestar, Spidermonkey, Water Hazard, NRG, Clockwork, Nanomech, Swampfire, Big Chill, Crashhopper, Astrodactyl, Psyphon, Echo Echo, Wildvine, Caitliff, Hulex Colonel, Thirteen, Ultimate Echo Echo
- Eric Bauza - Diamondhead, Eatle, Grey Matter, Upchuck, Driba, Dr. Psychobos, Fistrick, Megawhatt, Articguana, Way Big, Albedo (Galvan form), Bellicus (of Alien X), Pax, Solid Plugg, Ripjaws, Lackno, Mechaneer, Trombipulor, Computrons, Rook Da, Thunderpig, Commander Raff, Cast Iron, Poltroon, Ultimate Albedo, Buzzshock
- Corey Burton – Malware, Mr. Baumann, Brainstorm, Seebik, Fiskerton, V.V. Argost, Albedo Brainstorm
- John DiMaggio – Armodrillo, Zombozo, Bubble Helmet, Four Arms, Rath, Humungousaur, Octagon Vreedle, Vulkanus, Bullfrag, Will Harangue, Ultimate Humungousaur, Tentacle Vendor
- Paul Eiding – Max Tennyson, Liam, Eye Guy, Blukic, Zed, Hoodlum, Ultimate Spidermonkey
- David Kaye - Khyber, Cannonbolt, Shocksquatch, Gravattack, Heatblast, Sunder, Frankenstrike, Mallice, Warlord Gar
- Yuri Lowenthal - Ben Tennyson (16-years-old), Feedback, XLR8, Albedo (Human form), AmpFibian, Kickin Hawk, The Worst, Walkatrout, Molestache, Pesky Dust (1st Time), Hervé, Upgrade
- Rob Paulsen - Magister Patelliday, Rhomboid Vreedle, Ditto, Captain Kork, Tummy Head, Gorvan, Phil
- Kevin Michael Richardson - Snare-oh, Blitzwolfer, Emperor Milleous, Cookmeister, Sir Morton
- Bumper Robinson - Rook Blonko, Bloxx, Terraspin, Jury Rigg, Corvo, Ball Weevil, Doc Saturday
- Tara Strong - Ben Tennyson (11-years-old), Pakmar, Mazuma, Natalie Alvarez, Ben Tennyson of Dimension 23, Y-It, Molly Gunther, Brown Bag, Princess Attea, Lucy Mann, Pesky Dust (2nd Time), Albedo (11-year-old Ben form)
- Charlie Adler - Professor Blarney T. Hokestar, Cow Alien, Chicken Alien
- Carlos Alazraqui - Rad Dudesman
- Aziz Ansari - Billy Billions
- René Auberjonois - Azmuth, Azmuth of Dimension 23, Intellectuary
- Ogie Banks - Zak Saturday
- Steven Blum - Vilgax, Hobble
- Kimberly Brooks - Serena (of Alien X), Princess Looma, Madison, Rayona, Rook Bralla
- Greg Cipes - Kevin Levin
- Jim Cummings - Vexx, Hulex Colonel
- Tim Curry - Forever King Joseph Chadwick
- Diane Delano - Ma Vreedle, Pretty Boy Vreedle #1
- Dave Fennoy - Tetrax Shard of Dimension 23
- Ashley Johnson - Gwen Tennyson (11 and 16 years-old)
- Beth Littleford - Sandra Tennyson
- Morgan Lofting - Fistina
- Vanessa Marshall - Drew Saturday
- David McCallum - Paradox
- Scott Menville - Jimmy Jones
- Judd Nelson - Ben 10,000, Eon
- Vyvan Pham - Julie Yamamoto, Ship
- Tara Platt - Ester
- Alexander Polinsky - Argit
- Kevin Schon - OTTO
- Dwight Schultz - Dr. Animo
- Alanna Ubach - Rook Shar, Young One
- April Winchell - Queen Voratia Rumbletum
- Gwendoline Yeo - Nyancy Chan
- Susan Blu - Casting and Voice Director
- Charlotte Fullerton - Story Editor
- Carlos Sanches - Re-Recording Mixer
- Matt Wayne - Story Editor
- Derrick J. Wyatt - Art Director
- Matt Youngberg - Producer
|This article or section may have been copied and pasted from a source, possibly in violation of Wikipedia's copyright policy. Please remedy this by editing this article to remove any non-free copyrighted content and attributing free content correctly, or flagging the content for deletion. Please be sure that the source of the copyright violation is not itself a Wikipedia mirror. (October 2013)|
Omniverse, the fourth series, is more similar to the first series than the second and third. Like the first series it doesn't have the dark tone, complex plots, and more mature characters of the second and third series. In Omniverse Ben has gotten slightly more cocky but still retains his selfless and heroic nature. Ben thinks himself as more a superhero than a Plumber in Omniverse. However, the lighter and softer side has been criticized by fans.
The Omnimatrix (often referred to as the Omnitrix) is one of Azmuth's creations and the current successor of the Ultimatrix.
Unlike the other versions of the Omnitrix, its face plate is now square instead of round and has a white and green color scheme. The hourglass (the intergalactic peace symbol) shape on the faceplate is black with two green stripes. When the faceplate is slid back, the Omnitrix's core is revealed.
The Omnitrix was first mentioned by Azmuth in "Map of Infinity". He was planning on giving it to Ben, but it was not yet complete, and Ben's maturity needing to increase before he would be allowed to use it.
Azmuth, by the events of "The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2", had completed the Omnitrix and claimed that he was working on it ever since Ben got the original Omnitrix when Ben was 10-years old. In the same episode, he gave it to Ben because he deemed him worthy after removing the Ultimatrix from the latter's wrist.
Active Mode is the Omnitrix's default mode. Normally Active Mode is active when the Omnitrix can be used and nothing is wrong.
The Omnitrix has a holographic interface, where a holographic circle is shown, with the top half having the alien's faces, which is activated and scrolls through the aliens by the user touching the faceplate, akin to a touch screen. The faceplate will then slide open when the side button is pressed to lock in the selection, the Omnitrix core will come out and when pressed will trigger a transformation.
Unlike the predecessors, this one does not rely on the Codon Stream for transformation, instead having the DNA stored within itself in a computerized form.
For unknown reasons, the Randomized Mode can continuously change between different aliens every few minutes before timing out.
The other mode is when Ben will turn into one random alien for an inconsistent short period of time before changing back. It also allows instant recharge.
When the battery level of the Omnitrix is low. The Omnitrix changes the user to its default DNA and the user cannot use the Omnitrix for a short period of time
This function allows the user to stay in an alien form for an extended period of time, or until it is countermanded. In "Frogs of War", Ben used this function to impersonate an Incursion without timing out.
Also this function seems to hide the Omnitrix's symbol.
- Similar to the original series, it adapts the user's clothing to the Omnitrix aliens;
- It has a digital watch;
- In "Arrested Development", it is revealed that the Omnitrix has a security lock system so that only authorized users like Ben can use it. It also has an alternate identification program if some change by outside forces occurs to Ben. For Ben, admitting that he has a fear of peacocks is valid proof.
The Nemetrix is an imitation of the Omnitrix, created by a Cerebrocrustacean (Brainstorm's species) alien called Dr. Psychobos, and by a Galvanic Mechamorph (Upgrade's species) named Malware. It was used by Khyber's Dog in order to retrieve Ben's Omnitrix, and use its samples to complete the Nemetrix. Its real purpose was to destroy Azmuth and with the Nemetrix now perfected with a stolen piece from the Omnitrix's core Dr. Psychobos stole from Ben, the Omnitrix is no longer needed.
Like the Omnitrix, the Nemetrix transforms the user into any one of a number of alien beings. But it transforms the user into non-sentient alien beings that are actually the natural predators of Omnitrix aliens which is why the Omnitrix doesn't have the aliens of the Nemetrix, because the Omnitrix only caries sentient aliens samples on it.
Khyber's Dog used to transform with the instructions given by Khyber via his whistles. Dr. Psychobos upgraded the Nemetrix so that Khyber's Dog could transform without Khyber whistling by stealing the Omnitrix stabilizer core. Thus, Khyber's Dog could be able to transform free at will.
The Nemetrix could be used only by non-sentient beings, because of dangerous side effects, sentient lifeforms could not handle the savage feral nature of the Nemetrix aliens.
- Crabdozer: Crabdozer is a rock-based life form with a crab-like body and a rhino-like face. He is the predator of Pyronites (Heatblast's species). He is very fast and has an enhanced strength and durability, being unharmed by fire.
- Buglizard: Buglizard is a lizard-like alien and the predator of Lepidopterrans (Stinkfly's species). He is very agile, can spray a fog, that simultaneously eliminating Stinkfly's enhanced vision and his mucus traps.
- Slamworm: Slamworm is a giant worm-like alien and the predator of Talpaedan (Armodrillo's species). They can spit acid balls, and like Armodrillo, Slamworm can dig holes underground and sprout anywhere he wants at a fast rate.
- Mulcilator: Mulcilator is a fat alien and the predator of Crashhopper's species. They have sticky sacks over the body, which is used to trap Grashhopper when he kicks Mulcilator.
- Terroranchula: Terroranchula is a spider-like alien and the predator of Ball Weevil's species. They can create web-like force fields that neutralize Ball Weevil's explosive goo balls.
- Tyrannopede: Tyrannopede is a dinosaur centipede-like alien and the predator of Vaxasaurians (Humungousaur's species). As a predator, he is stronger than Humungousaur, and is able to shoot webs that can hold him.
- Hypnotick: Hypnotick is a Psycholeopterran, a giant bee/moth-like, and the predator of Necrofriggians (Big Chill's species). Like Big Chill, he is a ghost alien, he is able to move his wings, it seems to emit a powder, as well as projecting red spiral patterns that causes a sort of hypnosis-like state in its prey, causing them to see whatever they want most when they look at the patterns. For this reason, Psycholeopterrans are commonly smuggled throughout the galaxy as an addictive "pleasure-seeking" animal.
- Omnivoracious: Omnivoracious is a prehistoric emu-like alien and was the predator of Galvans (Grey Matter's species). They went extinct due to a meteor and climate change. Dr. Psychobos extracted the DNA of its skeleton on display in the Galvan Museum to put it into the Nemetrix.
- Vicetopus: Vicetopus is an octopus-like alien and the predator of Cerebrocrustaceans (Brainstorm's species). They can extend their tentacles and have enhanced strength.
- Panunsian: The Panunsian is a wolf/hyena-like alien and the predator of Splixsons (Ditto's species). like Ditto it can multiply itself so it can hunt down its prey nomater how many times it multiplies. Panuncians have high agility and speed, able to keep up with fleeing Splixsons.
A toy line manufactured by Bandai was originally shown off at Toy Fairs around the world. A possible unintentional leak of official images of the line was released on the website of department store Kmart. Figures that were revealed at Toy Fairs such as Bloxx, Shocksquatch, 16-year-old Ben Tennyson, a 11-year old version of Ben, and Ben's sidekick Rook were listed on the website. The vehicle play-set, "Rook's Truck", has won an award for Best Action Figures/Accessories at the 2012 London Toy Fair. The Omnitrix Touch has a gray color instead of the white it features in the show.
A video game of the same name is developed by Vicious Cycle Studios for the Wii U, Wii, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and by 1st Playable Productions for the Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DS. The action -brawler features 15 playable characters on DS and 3DS and 16 playable characters on the other systems. It also features a two-player co-op play. The game follows Ben and Rook in a battle to defeat a fierce villain, named Malware, who has evil plans of destroying the world.
Omniverse also spawned a second video game, which was developed by High Voltage Studios for the Wii U, Wii, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 and by 1st Playable Productions for the Nintendo 3DS. This game takes place during the events of Frogs of War, where Ben must fight the Incursions to get back to Earth and stop Emperor Milleous, Attea, Dr. Psychobos, and the Way Bads.
- Sands, Rich (March 29, 2012). "Cartoon Network Nabs Nick Cannon, Adds More LEGO, Ben 10 and Batman". TV Guide. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Bynum, Aaron H. (March 25, 2011). "Cartoon Network Upfront 2011". Animation Insider. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Zahed, Ramin (March 28, 2012). /cartoon-network-reveals-dynamic-new-2012-13-slate/ "Cartoon Networks Reveals Dynamic New 2012-13 Slate". Animation Magazine. Retrieved March 31, 2012.
- "Ben 10: Omniverse revealed at UK Toy Fair!". Riders, Rangers and Rambles. January 26, 2012. Retrieved February 13, 2012.
- "Toy Fair 2012: Ben 10". Kidz Cool It. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- Smith, Saralyn (February 1, 2012). "Live Action Ben 10 Movie Moving Along". Giant Freakin Robot. Retrieved February 6, 2012.
- "Ben 10 'Omniverse' to Launch at Nuremburg". Global License. January 6, 2012. Retrieved February 20, 2012.
- Dickson, Jeremy (May 3, 2012). "Bandai to launch new Ben 10 toy line". Kidscreen. Retrieved May 16, 2012.
- Toonbarn (March 5, 2012). "Ben 10: Omniverse and Destroy All Aliens hit Ben 10 Week". Toonbarn. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "Coming Soon – Your first look at what's next from Cartoon Network". Cartoon Network.com. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "Will Humungousaur, Cannonbolt, Spidermonkey be voiced by Dee Bradley Baker in Omniverse, or will it be by someone else?". Formspring. Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "Would rather Diamondhead have his original deep voice or is UAF voice in Omniverse? Also, who voices him in Omniverse? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "Who voices Water Hazard?". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "What made everyone decide to have a variety of voice actors voicing the Ben 10 aliens? (Dee Bradley Baker voicing every alien besides Rath was the dumbest idea in the universe...". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "Is Dee Baker annoyed for recast his roles from UAF ? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "I like Swampfire, Echo Echo and Bug Chill's new designs who are they voiced by I'm quite curious. Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-21.
- "http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/394566476402554099". Archived from the original on 2013-02-21.
- "Will Gray Matter return at Omniverse or not? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "who voice upchuck Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "Who is your favorite Eric Bauza character role in Ben 10? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "who will Corey Burton voice Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "Dwayne McDuffie Forums". Dwayne McDuffie.com. Retrieved March 15, 2012.
- "Artist Peon, Who Are the Voices of Armodrillo, Gravattack, NRG, Terraspin znd Lodestar In Omniverse?". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "Who will voice Jury Rigg, Eatle and Four Arms in Omniverse?". July 10, 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "Paul Eiding only voiced Grandpa Max. How did you decide to make him do new roles in Omniverse (Liam, Blukic, Eye Guy) ? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-19.
- "What other aliens will David Kaye be voicing of aliens that we know of?". Formspring. Archived from the original on 2012-08-01.
- "Who Will Voice Heatblast in Omniverse?". July 10, 2012. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "Who else will Mr. Richardson (Ben Mummy's voice actor; hope I got his name right) voice in Omniverse? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/430464608780698551". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- Derrick Wyatt and Beczam19 (April 3, 2012). "Is Tara Stong voicing 11 year old Ben and is Vyvan Pham voicing Julie". Formspring. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. Retrieved April 4, 2012.
- "Who voiced Zombozo and Pakmar ? Was that John DiMaggio and Eric Bauza ? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-02-21.
- "I really like Azmuth's new design ! Who's his designer and voice actor ??? Formspring". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "http://www.formspring.me/DerrickJWyatt/q/421752955973163760". Archived from the original on 2013-04-12.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Blox". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Shocksquash". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Ben With Skateboard". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Ben". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Ben 10 Alien Collection – Rook". Kmart. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "Best New Toys Awards announced". Key 4 Communations. January 25, 2012. Retrieved April 11, 2012.
- Campton, Andrea (May 15, 2012). "Ben 10: Omniverse Announced For Wii U". Nintendo Gal. Retrieved May 16, 2012.