Ben Forster (actor)
|Born||April 24, 1981|
|Origin||Sunderland, United Kingdom|
|Occupations||Actor, singer, songwriter|
Ben Forster (born April 24, 1981) is a British actor and singer. He won ITV's Superstar competition in 2012. As a result, Forster played the lead role of Jesus in the revival of Andrew Lloyd Webber's rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar in its 2012 arena tour. Forster returned to the role at the end of May to tour Australia through 2013.
Before his success in the Superstar competition Forster played the role of Doody in Grease and was also involved in Thriller – Live in 2009. Singer/songwriter Forster is based in London and performs across a national and international spectrum. Originally from Sunderland, he was a child singer and actor who discovered inspiration in the soul and motown music and the variety of music his parents loved. Blessed with an exceptional vocal range, he developed the unique style and versatility which won him a scholarship at the prestigious Italia Conti Academy in London at just 16.
During his training, he was heavily featured in the BBC’s prime time fly-on-the-wall documentary The Dream Academy which aired to over 3 million people. The Broccoli family (of James Bond fame) staged the musical La Cava in London the same year, and Forster won a role, to make his West End debut in this lavish production. He then went on to another lead singer role in Lennon and McCartney’s West End musical All You Need Is Love. It was during the run of this show that the 20 year old Forster discovered and developed a new talent – songwriting. His passion led him to re-focus his path towards a solo singing career and he signed a record deal with an independent label. He wrote and produced his first ten-song live album but the recording company declared bankruptcy and Forster's solo musical ambitions were put on hold.
After finishing the 2012 arena tour of Jesus Christ Superstar, Forster went on to play the role of Brad Majors in the 40th anniversary tour of The Rocky Horror Show. alongside Roxanne Pallett, Rhydian and Oliver Thornton.
Forster was to reprise the role of Jesus once again for the North American tour of JCS. He was to join other recording artists, such as Incubus' Brandon Boyd as Judas Iscariot, Destiny's Child's Michelle Williams as Mary Magdalene, 'N Sync's JC Chasez as Pontius Pilate, and Public Image Ltd's John Lydon as King Herod. The North American tour was canceled on May 30. 
In 2008 Forster released an EP, available on iTunes, with London-based record label The Schizofrenicks.
In 2012 Ben released the album "Acoustic Covers" which is available from his website and iTunes.
- Fehintola Betiku (2012-07-25). "Superstar winner Ben Forster: 'I wasn't expecting this to happen in my life' | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- [dead link]
- "Arena Tour 2012". Jesuschristsuperstar.com. 2012-08-22. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "They're all Jesus Christ Superstars... Minchin, Moyles and Sporty Spice join TV winner Ben Forster in knockout show - Music - Going Out - London Evening Standard". Standard.co.uk. 2012-09-22. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- Graham, Daniella (2012-07-27). "Ben Forster: Superstar put me on right path after X Factor disappointment | Metro News". Metro.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- Lewis, Anna (2012-07-26). "Ben Forster to play Jesus after winning Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Superstar". heatworld.com. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- "Ben Forster | Official Website for Ben Forster". Officialbenforster.com. 2013-07-25. Retrieved 2013-10-19.
- [dead link]
- "Ben Forster On ... Going from Jesus to Rocky - Interviews - 21 Dec 2012". Whatsonstage.com. 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2013-10-19.