Ben Guecha

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the town in Mila Province, see Yahia Beniguecha.
Ben Guecha
ﺑﻦ ﻗﺸﺔ
Commune and town
Location of Ben Guecha commune within El Oued Province
Location of Ben Guecha commune within El Oued Province
Ben Guecha is located in Algeria
Ben Guecha
Ben Guecha
Location of Ben Guecha within Algeria
Coordinates: 34°12′19″N 7°36′55″E / 34.20528°N 7.61528°E / 34.20528; 7.61528Coordinates: 34°12′19″N 7°36′55″E / 34.20528°N 7.61528°E / 34.20528; 7.61528
Country  Algeria
Province El Oued Province
District Taleb Larbi District
Elevation 28 m (92 ft)
Population (2008)[1]
 • Total 2,513
Time zone CET (UTC+1)

Ben Guecha (Arabic: ﺑﻦ ﻗﺸﺔ‎) is a town and commune in Taleb Larbi District, El Oued Province, Algeria. According to the 2008 census it has a population of 2,513,[1] up from 1,036 in 1998,[2] with an annual growth rate of 9.5%, the highest in the province.[1]

Climate[edit]

Ben Guecha has a hot desert climate (Köppen climate classification BWh), with very hot summers and mild winters, and very little precipitation throughout the year.

Climate data for Ben Guecha
Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year
Average high °C (°F) 16.6
(61.9)
19.1
(66.4)
22.6
(72.7)
26.5
(79.7)
31.6
(88.9)
35.9
(96.6)
39.6
(103.3)
38.8
(101.8)
34.0
(93.2)
28.2
(82.8)
21.8
(71.2)
16.9
(62.4)
27.63
(81.74)
Daily mean °C (°F) 10.9
(51.6)
13.1
(55.6)
16.0
(60.8)
19.7
(67.5)
24.5
(76.1)
28.9
(84)
31.9
(89.4)
31.5
(88.7)
27.6
(81.7)
22.1
(71.8)
16.1
(61)
11.5
(52.7)
21.15
(70.08)
Average low °C (°F) 5.3
(41.5)
7.2
(45)
9.5
(49.1)
12.9
(55.2)
17.4
(63.3)
22.0
(71.6)
24.3
(75.7)
24.3
(75.7)
21.3
(70.3)
16.0
(60.8)
10.4
(50.7)
6.2
(43.2)
14.73
(58.51)
Precipitation mm (inches) 10
(0.39)
8
(0.31)
13
(0.51)
10
(0.39)
9
(0.35)
4
(0.16)
1
(0.04)
3
(0.12)
10
(0.39)
11
(0.43)
13
(0.51)
9
(0.35)
101
(3.95)
Source: climate-data.org[3]

Transportation[edit]

The town of Ben Guecha lies in the isolated far northeastern corner of El Oued Province. A local road leads to the N16 which connects El Oued to Tebessa.

Education[edit]

2.1% of the population has a tertiary education, and another 8.6% has completed secondary education.[4] The overall literacy rate is 52.2%, and is 60.8% among males and 43.4% among females; all three figures are the second lowest in the province after Douar El Ma.[5]

Localities[edit]

The commune of Ben Guecha is composed of 17 localities:[6]

  • Ben Guecha
  • Douilat
  • Rass Touneb
  • Ben Younès
  • El Babouche
  • Bouhabline
  • El Ogla
  • Bir Souamèche
  • Djourara
  • Biar El Jouder
  • Laklabia
  • Chott El Khala
  • El Ammari
  • El Houche
  • Ogla Dhafria
  • Foum El Gharsa
  • Mekhatih

References[edit]

  1. ^ a b c "Population: El Oued Wilaya" (in French). Office National des Statistiques Algérie. Retrieved 12 February 2013. 
  2. ^ "Algeria Communes". Statoids. Retrieved 9 March 2013. 
  3. ^ "Climate data for: Beni Guecha". climate-data.org. Retrieved 8 April 2013. 
  4. ^ "Structure relative de la population résidente des ménages ordinaires et collectifs âgée de 6 ans et plus selon le niveau d'instruction et la commune de résidence." (in French). Office National des Statistiques Algérie. Retrieved 13 February 2013. 
  5. ^ "Taux d'analphabétisme et taux d'alphabétisation de la population âgée de 15 ans et plus, selon le sexe et la commune de résidence ." (in French). Office National des Statistiques Algérie. Retrieved 13 February 2013. 
  6. ^ "Décret n° 84–365, fixant la composition, la consistance et les limites territoriale des communes. Wilaya d'El Oued" (in French). Journal officiel de la République Algérienne. 19 December 1984. p. 1564. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 2 March 2013. 


Neighbouring towns and cities