Ben Hammersley, August 2010
3 April 1976 |
|Occupation||journalist, futurist, technologist|
|Notable awards||Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society
Ben Hammersley FRSA FRGS (born 3 April 1976 in Leicester, England) is a British internet technologist, journalist, author and broadcaster currently based in London, England. As of 2013 he is a fellow of the Robert Schuman School for Advanced Studies at the European University Institute, Innovator-in-Residence at the Centre for Creative and Social Technologies at Goldsmiths, University of London. Editor at Large of Conde Nast's Wired UK magazine, a member of the European Commission High Level Expert Group on Media Freedom, and a non-resident fellow of the Brookings Institute. He is married to Aleks Krotoski., with whom he has a daughter.
Hammersley is a member of the Transatlantic Network 2020., and a trustee of the London chapter of the Awesome Foundation. In August 2011 he was made a fellow of the UNAOC. He is a judge of the Lovie Awards.
Life and work
Multimedia reporting and broadcasting
- Parsons, Michael (24 April 2009). "Video: Marc Newson's Lockheed Lounge". Wired UK.
- "European Commission – Press release Digital Agenda: high-level group to discuss freedom and pluralism of the media across the EU". 11 October 2011. Retrieved 2011-10-16.
- "Ben Hammersley Tweets about his child".
- "About Our Participants – Getting Involved – British Council – TN2020". British Council. Archived from the original on 16 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Programmes | Analysis | With Friends Like These". BBC News. 8 November 2007. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Programmes | Analysis | Me and My DNA". BBC News. 11 December 2008. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Ben Hammersley Tweets about his marriage to Aleks Krotoski". 2014-04-15. Retrieved 2014-04-15.
- Ben Hammersley (2005). Developing feeds with RSS and Atom. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly. ISBN 0-596-00881-3.
- Ben Hammersley (2006). Hacking Gmail. New York: Wiley Publishing. ISBN 0-7645-9611-X.
- Allen, Jay T. (2005). Hacking Movable Type. Hoboken, N.J: Wiley Technology Pub. ISBN 0-7645-7499-X.
- Timothy Appnel; Ben Hammersley (2007). RSS and Atom Hacks: Tips & Tools for Syndicating Web Content and Services. Sebastopol, CA: O'Reilly Media, Inc. ISBN 0-596-10145-7.
- Ben Hammersley (2012). A Smart Guide to Utopia: 111 Inspiring Ideas for a Better City. LeCool. ISBN 84-615-7729-9.
- Ben Hammersley (2012). 64 Things You Need to Know Now for Then. Sydney: Hodder. ISBN 1-4447-2860-1.