Stamps of Paraguay, 2011
|Full name||Benjamin Thomas Hockin Brusquetti|
|Nationality|| Great Britain (–2008)
27 September 1986 |
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||92 kg (203 lb; 14.5 st)|
Benjamin Hockin Brusquetti (born 27 September 1986 in Barranquilla, Colombia) is an Olympic freestyle swimmer, who has swum international for both Great Britain and Paraguay (his father is British, his mother Paraguayan).
Hockin represented Great Britain at the 2008 Summer Olympics in the 4×100 m freestyle relay swimming events where his team finished eighth.
He swam for Paraguay at the 2010 South American Games, where he won 3 silver medals and a bronze medal. However, Hockin did not follow the proper steps to switch his sport nationality and has been banned for one year (retroactive to 23 May 2010).
- "Athlete Biography – HOCKIN Ben". Beijing Olympics official website. Archived from the original on 2008-08-13.
- (Spanish) Benjamin Hockin: Medal of honor, ABC Digital, 11 April 2010; retrieved 14 April 2010.
- (Spanish) Benjamín Hockin, un deportista que vale oro (trans: Benjamin Hockin, an athlete who is golden); published by ABC Digital, 12 April 2010; retrieved 14 April 2010.
- "Ben Hockin Banned One Year by FINA for Improper Nationality Change". Swimming World Magazine. Retrieved 10 December 2010.
- Benjamín Hockin será el abanderado en los Juegos Panamericanos (Spanish)
|Flagbearer for Paraguay
|This biographical article related to a British swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to sport in Paraguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|