Ben King (cyclist)
King at the 2012 Grand Prix Cycliste de Montréal
|Full name||Benjamin King|
March 22, 1989 |
Richmond, Virginia, U.S.
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|Charlottesville Racing Club
Hot Tubes Cycling
|Kelly Benefit Strategies-Medifast
|National Road Race Championships (2010)|
|Infobox last updated on
January 22, 2014
Benjamin "Ben" King (born March 22, 1989) is an American professional road racing cyclist who rides for UCI ProTeam Garmin-Sharp. In 2010, he won the National Road Race Championships. King signed with Team RadioShack for the 2011 season. In 2012, King moved with several other riders to the former Leopard Trek team, to form RadioShack-Nissan. Following the 2013 season, King left RadioShack-Leopard and signed with Garmin-Sharp for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Born in Richmond, Virginia, King spent his adolescence in North Garden, Virginia, United States. King currently resides in Lucca, Tuscany, Italy.
- 1st, National Junior Road Race Championships
- 1st, National Junior Time Trial Championships
- 8th, National Under-23 Time Trial Championships
- 9th, National Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 3rd, National Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 8th, Overall, Univest Grand Prix
- 1st, National Road Race Championships
- 1st, National Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 3rd, Overall, Coupe des nations Ville Saguenay
- 6th, Paris–Roubaix Espoirs
- 7th, Overall, Nature Valley Grand Prix
- 7th, National Time Trial Championships
- 9th, Pan American Individual Time Trial Championships
- 10th, Pan American Road Race Championships
- 14th, Overall, Cascade Cycling Classic
- 5th, National Road Race Championships
- 8th, National Time Trial Championships
- 12th, Overall, Tour of Beijing
- "Profile of Ben King". Garmin-Sharp (Boulder, Colorado: Slipstream Sports LLC). January 1, 2014. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- "Garmin-Sharp (GRS) – USA". UCI World Tour (Aigle, Vaud: Union Cycliste Internationale). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Brian Holcombe (September 19, 2010). "Ben King soloes to U.S. pro road title and a Trek-Livestrong sweep in Greenville". VeloNews (San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc.). Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- Sprint Finish (August 20, 2012). "Ben King (RadioShack-Nissan-Trek) speaks to us from the USA Pro Challenge". Cycling Illustrated (Reston, Virginia: Cycling Illustrated, Inc.). Retrieved January 17, 2013.
- "RadioShack-Nissan-Trek announces lineup for 2012". VeloNews (San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc.). December 5, 2011. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- Sue George (December 6, 2011). "RadioShack-Nissan-Trek finalizes 2012 roster". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Matthew Beaudin (September 24, 2013). "Garmin set for dramatic overhaul in 2014". VeloNews (San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc.). Retrieved November 6, 2013.
- "Team Garmin-Sharp adds American Ben King". Garmin-Sharp (Boulder, Colorado: Slipstream Sports LLC). September 12, 2013. Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- Nigel Wynn (September 13, 3013). "Ben King signs to Garmin for 2014". Cycling Weekly (London, England: IPC Media). Retrieved September 16, 2013.
- "Benjamin King at Cycling Archives". Cycling Archives. Retrieved March 7, 2013.
- "Benjamin King at Cycling Base". Cycling Base. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- "Benjamin King at USA Cycling". USA Cycling. Retrieved December 27, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ben King.|
- Benjamin King profile at Cycling Archives
- Cycling Base: Benjamin King
- Cycling Quotient: Benjamin King
- Garmin-Sharp: Ben King
|USA National Road Race Champion
|This biographical article relating to American cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|