May 29, 1983 |
St Mary's Paddington, London
|Spouse(s)||Victoria Boreham (stage name Vicki Campbell)|
Ben Mansfield (born 29 May 1983) is an English actor, best known for playing Captain Becker in the ITV sci-fi drama Primeval, Captain of a special unit from the military which works with the ARC. He is commonly recognized for his huge muscles and manly appearance.
Mansfield was spotted for the role when auditioning for the part of Arthur in the BBC Television series Merlin. Mansfield got down to the final two for the part, losing out to Bradley James. Merlin 's casting director, who also worked as casting director for Primeval, suggested that he audition for Captain Becker and he subsequently joined the cast in its third season in 2009.
He married his long-term partner, Victoria Boreham (also known as Vicki Campbell) in August 2012.
In August 2014, it was announced that Mansfield would take on the role of 'Commissioner Donald Doyle Davidson' in the National Theatre's production of Great Britain when it transfers to the Haymarket Theatre in September. 
Mansfield was born at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, and lived in Dulwich for five years before moving to Norfolk with his parents where he attended Gresham's School from 1991 to 2002. He then attended the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School from 2003, graduating in 2006.
His theatrical credits include
- French Without Tears by Terence Rattigan (English Touring Theatre) Lead role: Alan Howard
- Jenufa by Timberlake Wertenbaker (Natural Perspective at the Arcola Theatre)
- Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare (The New Shakespeare Company at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (directed by Peter Hall at the Rose Theatre)
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare (directed by Peter Hall at The National Theatre)
- Henry IV Parts One and Two by William Shakespeare (playing Hotspur and Pistol)(directed by Peter Hall at The Theatre Royal, Bath.
- One Man, Two Guvnors at The Theatre Royal Haymarket, London
- Relative Values at Theatre Royal, Bath & Harold Pinter Theatre
Mansfield appeared in Noel Coward's Relative Values at The Theatre Royal, Bath, between the 12 and 29 June 2013 as 'Don Lucas'. The production, directed by Sir Trevor Nunn toured from Bath to Bristol before transferring to the Harold Pinter Theatre for a limited season from 19 March to 21 June 2014.
He will be in the National Theatre's production of Great Britain until January 2015.
|2007||Hell Bent for Leather||Owen Oakshott||short|
|2008||Holby City||Adam Beaman||TV series (1 episode: "For Your Consideration")|
|Primeval||Captain Becker||TV series (21 episodes: 2009-2011)|
|2014||CUT||Alex||TV series (1 episode: 2014)|