||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2011)|
May 29, 1983 |
St Mary's Paddington, London
Mansfield was spotted for the role when auditioning for the part of Arthur in the BBC Television series Merlin. Mansfield got down to the final two for the part, losing out to Bradley James. Merlin's casting director, who also worked as casting director for Primeval, suggested that he audition for Captain Becker and he subsequently joined the cast in its third season in 2009.
Mansfield was born at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, and lived in Dulwich for five years before moving to Norfolk with his parents where he attended Gresham's School from 1991 to 2002. He then attended the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School from 2003, graduating in 2006.
His theatrical credits include
- French Without Tears by Terence Rattigan (English Touring Theatre) Lead role: Alan Howard
- Jenufa by Timberlake Wertenbaker (Natural Perspective at the Arcola Theatre)
- Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare (The New Shakespeare Company at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre)
- A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare (directed by Peter Hall at the Rose Theatre)
- Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare (directed by Peter Hall at The National Theatre)
- Henry IV Parts One and Two by William Shakespeare (playing Hotspur and Pistol)(directed by Peter Hall at The Theatre Royal, Bath.
- One Man, Two Guvnors at The Theatre Royal Haymarket, London
Currently[when?] appearing in Relative Values at The Theatre Royal, Bath.
|2007||Hell Bent for Leather||Owen Oakshott||short|
|2008||Holby City||Adam Beaman||TV series (1 episode: "For Your Consideration")|
|Primeval||Captain Becker||TV series (21 episodes: 2009-2011)|
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|