Marshall pictured in 2010
|Full name||Ben Marshall|
|Date of birth||29 March 1991|
|Place of birth||Salford, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Current club||Blackburn Rovers|
|2009||→ Northampton Town (loan)||15||(2)|
|2009||→ Cheltenham Town (loan)||6||(2)|
|2010–2011||→ Carlisle United (loan)||52||(6)|
|2011–2012||→ Sheffield Wednesday (loan)||22||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:30, 26 January 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Ben Marshall started his career at Manchester United's youth team as a seven-year old in 1997. He remained there until he was 14 in 2005 before he joined Dario Gradi at Crewe Alexandra's academy in 2005, he spent a total of 4 years at Crewe Alexandra.
Marshall signed for Stoke City on 8 July 2009 along with fellow youngster Matthew Lund from Crewe both after progressing through the youth system at the Alexandra Stadium. After an impressive pre-season for Stoke, he joined Northampton Town on loan for 3 months on 7 August to gain some first team experience and he earned praise from Cobblers boss Stuart Gray. Marshall returned to Stoke on 4 November 2009 following a successful loan spell. On 13 November 2009, Marshall signed on a month's loan with Cheltenham Town. He made his debut on 14 November 2009 in a 1–1 draw with Lincoln City.
On 1 February 2010, Marshall moved on loan again, this time to League One side Carlisle United. He made his debut for the Cumbrians in a 2–1 defeat to Colchester United. He played twenty games and scored three goals for Carlisle.
He returned to Carlisle on a six-month loan on 31 August 2010. Marshall stated that he was 'excited' about rejoining Carlisle United on loan. He extended his loan until the end of the season. His performances earned the praise of Carlisle manager Greg Abbott. He won the Football League Trophy with United however he played just 23 minutes of the final against Brentford after being injured by Adam Reed. The tackle by Reed resulted in a broken leg for Marshall.
Following his return from injury Marshall joined Sheffield Wednesday on a five-month loan. Wednesday's manager Gary Megson stated that he wanted to try and sign Marshall on a permanent basis. Marshall was offered a new three-year contract with Stoke. However Marshall failed to sign the contract before the end of his loan spell and so returned to Stoke. He rejected Stoke's contract offer and joined Leicester City. Marshall failed to make an appearance for Stoke.
Marshall joined Leicester on transfer deadline day on 31 January 2012 for a fee of £750k, possibly rising to £1 million based on promotion and appearance clauses. He scored his first competitive goal for the club in a 5–2 FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Chelsea on 18 March 2012 and scored his first league goal 6 days later against Hull City. Marshall's fine form continued with goals in both of Leicester's victory over the Easter weekend against Doncaster Rovers and Ipswich Town. Marshall scored his first goal of the 2012–13 season in a 1–0 home win over Blackpool.
It was announced on 28 August 2013 that Marshall had signed for Blackburn Rovers on a four year deal. He scored his first goal for the club on 14 December 2013 in a 3-2 home victory against Millwall  Marshall had just started to establish himself as starter for the club, putting in a number of impressive displays, when he suffered an ankle ligament injury in a game against Derby on 25 January 2013. Scans revealed that Marshall would be ruled out for 'several months' and would therefore likely miss the remainder of the season. 
- As of 26 January 2014
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[A]||Total|
|Stoke City||2009–10||Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||–||0||0|
|Northampton Town (loan)||2009–10||League Two||15||2||0||0||1||0||2||0||18||2|
|Cheltenham Town (loan)||2009–10||League Two||6||2||0||0||0||0||0||0||6||2|
|Carlisle United (loan)||2009–10||League One||20||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||20||3|
|Sheffield Wednesday (loan)||2011–12||League One||22||5||0||0||0||0||0||0||22||5|
- A. ^ The "Other" column constitutes appearances and goals in the Football League play-offs and Football League Trophy.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2010). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2010–11. Mainstream Publishing. p. 278. ISBN 9781845966010.
- "City swoop for youngsters". Stoke City F.C. 7 July 2009. Retrieved 7 July 2009.
- Marshall is the man for Gray Northampton Town F.C.
- "Marshall delights Cobblers boss". BBC Sport. 14 November 2009. Retrieved 14 November 2009.
- "Marshall Returns From Loan Spell". Stoke City F.C. 4 November 2009. Archived from the original on 8 November 2009. Retrieved 4 November 2009.
- "Cheltenham sign Marshall". BBC Sport. 13 November 2009. Archived from the original on 16 November 2009. Retrieved 13 November 2009.
- "Lincoln 1–1 Cheltenham". BBC Sport. 14 November 2009. Archived from the original on 17 November 2009. Retrieved 14 November 2009.
- "Marshall Joins Carlisle on Loan". Stoke City F.C. 1 February 2010. Retrieved 1 February 2010.
- "Colchester 2–1 Carlsile". Soccerbase. 22 September 2010.
- "Familiar face returns". Carlisle United F.C. 31 August 2010.
- "Carlisle United return excites Ben Marshall". BBC Sport. 8 September 2010.
- "Carlisle United extend loan for Stoke winger Marshall". BBC Sport. 2 March 2011.
- "Ben Marshall set for top flight – Carlisle boss Abbott". BBC Sport. 2 March 2011.
- "Agony And Ecstasy For Marshall". Stoke City F.C. 5 April 2011.
- "City starlet broke leg during Wembley final". The Sentinel (Stoke-on-Trent). 8 April 2011.
- "Marshall Loan Move To Wednesday". Stoke City F.C. 17 August 2011.
- "Sheffield Wednesday want to sign loan trio". BBC Sport. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Marshall agrees new City deal". The Sentinel (Stoke-on-Trent). 28 December 2011. Retrieved 28 December 2011.
- "Sheffield Wednesday in limbo over Ben Marshall move". BBC Sport. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- "Mandaric wants Marshall back with Sheffield Wednesday". BBC Sport. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- "Marshall Completes Move To Leicester". Stoke City F.C. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Leicester City set to seal double swoop for Morgan and Marshall". thisisleicestershire.co.uk. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Leicester City sign Stoke City winger Ben Marshall". BBC Sport. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Chelsea 5–2 Leicester". BBC Sport. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "On-song ben Marshall loving the attention from Leicester City fans". thisisleicestershire.co.uk. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- "Marshall Joins Blackburn". lcfc.com. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "Blackburn 3-2 Millwall". BBC Sport. 14 December 2013.
- "Ben Marshall ruled out for 'several months'". BBC Sport. 31 January 2014.
- "BBC Sport – Azerbaijan 0–2 England". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 6 September 2012.
- Ben Marshall career stats at Soccerbase