Kgotso Semela aka Ben Sharpa aka Oh Kaptin My Kaptin (born 25 March 1977 in Soweto, South Africa) is a veteran underground rapper and music producer. Considered by many as one of South Africa's most accomplished lyricists, Ben Sharpa is a founding member of cult crews GroundWorks and Audio Visual.
Ben Sharpa has shared the stage with artists such as Immortal Technique (June 2005), Jonzi-D (June 2003), Black Thought (August 2001), Mr. Len and Jean Grae (May 2001). In June 2006, Sharpa headlined alongside Wordsworth and Jonzi-D as part of the Tri-Continental Hip Hop Festival - a historical 3-city Hip hop tour that was held to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Youth Month in South Africa. He is also a founding member of the performance crew for the annual Hip-Hop Connected lyrical theatre event held at Artscape Theatre in Cape Town every September (Heritage Month). In 2007 He was discovered by accomplished BB1 Radio DJ Mary-Anne Hobbs, and soon after performed at the annual Glastonbury Festival (June 2007) on the BBC Introduces Stage.
Extended Bio: Here's an extended bio on Ben Sharpa. It provides some insight on to the many influences that helped craft his music.
 Ben Sharpa Facebook Page
- GroundWorks Demolition: The MeStory - GroundWorks, Con Camp Publishing (CC001)
- Pavement Special Vol.1 - Concentration Camp, Con Camp Publishing (CC002)
- B. Sharpa - Ben Sharpa. Pioneer Unit Records (PIONEERCD002)
- The Sharpaganda Theory: Lesson 1 (12" vinyl) - Ben Sharpa. Jarring Effects / Pioneer Unit Records
- 4th Density Light Show (4DLS) Jarring Effects (FX105)
|This South African biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|