Ben Turner (actor)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (April 2011)|
3 February 1980 |
Hackney, London, England
|Other names||Ben Turner|
|Years active||2005 - present|
Ben Turner (born 3 February 1980) is a British Iranian actor, most notable for his roles as nurse Jay Faldren from Series 23 Episode 8 until Series 26 Episode 16 on BBC's Casualty and Louis XV in Doctor Who.
Life and career
Turner was born in London. He was educated at Dulwich College, well known for its pedigree of actors including the founder Edward Alleyn. He then trained as an actor at Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
He has also appeared in several charity shows such as Children in Need, 2009 in the Casualty special as Staff Nurse Jay Faldren and also Let's Dance for Sport Relief 2010.
Ben appeared in the first of the live shows along with Casualty's Charles Dale (Big Mac) and Tony Marshall (Noel Garcia) as well as Holby City's Rosie Marcel (Jac Naylor) and Luke Roberts (Joseph Byrne). He left Casualty in December 2011, along with co-star Georgia Taylor, who played his main love interest in the show.
Following his extensive stage experience Ben took on "without doubt the biggest challenge I've had professionally" appearing in the stage production of The Kite Runner, which had its European premiere at Nottingham Playhouse in April 2013 as main role Amir. It was so popular that it returned for a second round with a UK Tour premiering August till November 2014.
- As If as Andrew.
- Love Soup as Ray (2005)
- Doctor Who as King Louis (2006 The Girl in the Fireplace)
- The Bill as Si Magley (2007 Crash Test)
- Adulthood as Giles (2008)
- Casualty as David Pickering (2005 - series 19 episode 30 - And on That Farm)
- Casualty as Sam Baxter (2008 - Series 22 episode 33 - Someone's Lucky Night)
- Casualty as Jay Faldren (2008–2011, Series 23 Episode 8 till Series 26 Episode 16)
- I Shouldn't Be Alive (Season 1 Episode 3)– "Escape from the Amazon" (2006)as Markus
- Love in the Afternoon a short film premièred June 2012
- 300: Rise of an Empire as General Artaphernes (2013)
- The Fifth Estate (Film) as a New York Reporter (2013)
- Death in Paradise as Chris Winchester
- WPC 56 as DI Max Harper (Series 2)
- Eastenders as Adrian Quinlan (2015)
Role in WPC 56
Ben joined the cast of WPC 56, in the regular lead role DI James Harper, in Series 2, which was shown by the BBC in February 2014.