Ben Watson (footballer, born December 1985)
|Full name||Benjamin Charles Watson|
|Date of birth||6 December 1985|
|Place of birth||Shoreham-by-Sea, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Brighton & Hove Albion|
|2001–2004||Brighton & Hove Albion||0||(0)|
|2004||→ Bognor Regis Town (loan)||?||(?)|
|2004–2007||Bognor Regis Town||?||(?)|
|2008||→ Exeter City (loan)||12||(2)|
|2009||→ Forest Green Rovers (loan)||0||(0)|
|2010||→ Forest Green Rovers (loan)||7||(1)|
|2011||→ Bath City (loan)||7||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 28 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Shoreham-by-Sea, Watson has also played for Exeter City, Bognor Regis Town and Grays Athletic. He holds UEFA 'B' coaching badges for both football and futsal. With this he spent some of his time whilst at Bognor Regis coaching at Varndean School in Brighton. He then moved on to Grays Athletic.
Watson made his debut for Exeter City on 24 March 2008 in the 3–1 away defeat at Weymouth, while on loan from Grays Athletic. Following Exeter's promotion to the Football League, Watson signed a one-year contract with the club. He made his debut as an Exeter signee, at home to Shrewsbury Town, in the 2–1 defeat in the Football League Trophy on 2 September 2008. On the last day of that year, he extended his contract to tie him to the club until the end of the 2009–10 season. Watson joined Forest Green Rovers on loan for a month on 31 December 2009. The loan was terminated just a couple of days after however as Watson suffered a calf injury before the move.
In May 2011 Exeter announced that he would not be offered a new deal at the end of the season.
Watson signed for Eastbourne Borough on 21 June 2011. A year later, he signed for Conference South Dorchester Town. He ended the 2012–13 season as Dorchester's top goal scorer with 17 goals in all competitions and signed a two-year contract in June 2013.
With Dorchester experiencing financial problems, Watson and team mate Arran Pugh joined Pugh's old club Truro City in the Southern Premier League on 4 October 2013. Watson scored twice on his debut the following day as Truro lost 7–3 at home to St Albans City.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. p. 430. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Exeter City vs Shrewsbury Town: Match Report". Exeter City F.C. 2 September 2008. Retrieved 3 September 2008.
- "New deals for five players". Express & Echo. 31 December 2008. Retrieved 2 January 2009.
- "Watson heads to The New Lawn". Exeter City F.C. 31 December 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "Forest Green bag Ben Watson, Jack Winter & Tyrone Berry". BBC Sport. 1 January 2010.
- "Forest Green Rovers snap up Exeter striker Ben Watson". BBC Sport. 17 September 2010.
- "Barrow 3–0 Forest Green". BBC Sport. 18 September 2010.
- "Ben Watson and James Norwood to leave Exeter City". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 5 May 2011. Retrieved 5 May 2011.
- "Striking Options Increased With New Addition". Eastbourne Borough F.C. 21 June 2011. Retrieved 21 June 2011.
- "Former Exeter striker Watson joins Magpies". Dorset Echo. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 20 June 2012.
- "New Two-Year Deal for Magpies` Striker". Football Conference. 10 June 2013.
- "Ben Watson and Arran Pugh leave Dorchester Town". This Is Dorset. 4 October 2013.
- "Pressure mounts on Massey after Truro are thumped by St Albans". Falmouth Packet. 5 October 2013.