|Works||Up to Speed|
|Awards||Photoshop Hall of Fame|
Ben Willmore is an American photographer, author and founder of Digital Mastery, a Boulder, Colorado-based training and graphic arts consulting firm that specializes in Photoshop. He is best known for his digital imaging expertise and for writing the Photoshop book Adobe Systems in the Photoshop Studio Techniques series.
Willmore, who graduated from the Minneapolis College of Art and Design and the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, is a Photoshop instructor and a featured speaker at publishing conferences and events. He is a regular contributor to MacWorld magazine and had a monthly column in Photoshop User magazine. His book, Photoshop Studio Techniques is printed in eight languages.
In 2004, Willmore was a recipient of a Photoshop Hall of Fame Award.
Up to Speed, one of Willmore's books, was described in Rob Galbraith's blog as "perhaps the most useful book we've picked up on Photoshop in a long time ... because it painstakingly outlines what's new in CS2." About his book Adobe Photoshop CS3 Studio Techniques, Blogcritics' T. Michael Testi wrote that it "covers all of the fundamental techniques that you need to become proficient with Photoshop and it shows you how to accomplish tasks by teaching."
Willmore lives in a 40-foot bus and spends his time photographing America in between speaking engagements.
- Adobe Photoshop CS3 Studio Techniques (2007, Adobe Press) (ISBN 978-0321510464)
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 Studio Techniques (2009, Adobe Press) (ISBN 978-0321613103)
- Adobe Photoshop CS4: Up to Speed (2008, Peachpit Press) (ISBN 978-0321580054)
- How to Wow: Photoshop for Photography (2004, Peachpit Press) (ISBN 978-0321227997)
- Sorrel, Charlie (1959-02-06). "Twelve Strobe Rig Blots Out the Sun | Gadget Lab". Wired.com. Retrieved 2013-02-11.
- Blatner, David (2004-11-11). "Photoshop Top Tips". Macworld. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- "Ben Willmore". Photoshop Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2013-02-11.
- "Rob Galbraith DPI: Three books that changed our digital world". Robgalbraith.com. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- "Book Review: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Studio Techniques By Ben Willmore - Page 3 - Blogcritics Books". Blogcritics.org. 2008-03-07. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- Times. "Picture perfect - Spokesman.com - July 29, 2007". The Spokesman-Review. Retrieved 2013-02-15.
- digitalmastery.com Official Digital Mastery site
- whereisben.com Willmore's official site
- bestofben.com Where Is Ben blog
- Publisher's biography of Willmore
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|