|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2008)|
Front page of the Bendigo Advertiser
on 3 April 2010
|Headquarters|| 47-51 Queen St,
First published in 1853, the Bendigo Advertiser has undergone many changes since its inception, including a move to tabloid form and a change in name from The Bendigo Advertiser to just The Advertiser. As of 3 April 2010, the paper is once again known as the Bendigo Advertiser.
Currently, the Bendigo Advertiser employs currently about seventy four staff, across all functions.
Sections in The Bendigo Advertiser:
- Monday: Schools in Profile
- Tuesday: Loop (youth issues: written, designed and edited entirely by young people. Produced in partnership with Lead On) and Focus on Education
- Wednesday: Uni News (University news from La Trobe University's Bendigo Campus) and Country.
- Thursday: View (Arts), Kooka (Kids) and Community Focus.
- Friday: TV Guide and Footy Focus.
- Saturday: Domain, Weekender, Country Cars and Jobs.com.au (the local job classifieds).
The printing of the paper is now done in Ballarat, along with The Courier, The Wimmera Mail Times and other Fairfax Media publications.
The Bendigo Advertiser's discontinued sister paper, the Bendigo Miner, was delivered free to most homes in Bendigo on Thursdays and was "old news" orientated.