|Born||1971 (age 42–43)
Manchester, Lancashire, England
Benedict Wong (born 1971) is a British actor.
His first role was in a 1993 BBC Radio play called Kai Mei Sauce, written by Kevin Wong. He appeared alongside Sean Lock in the situation comedy 15 Storeys High, and as Dr. Franklin Fu in the second series of Look Around You.
Wong went on to appear in the second episode of Series 4 of the Channel 4 comedy The IT Crowd, playing the character Prime, a previous Countdown contestant who had won the sixteenth Countdown teapot when he was known as Harold Tong. Wong also appeared in the movie Shanghai playing the character Juso Kita and the BBC series Spirit Warriors in the role of Li.
In 2013, it was announced that Wong had been cast in the lead role of #aww: The Arrest of Ai WeiWei at the Hampstead Theatre. Shortly after, the Almeida Theatre announced that Wong had joined the cast of new play Chimerica.
In 2013, Wong was nominated for the West End Frame award for Best Dramatic Performance 2013, for his role as Zhang Lin in Chimerica.
|1994||Frank Stubbs Promotes||Lee||Episode: "Chinatown"|
|1995||Cardiac Arrest||Radiographer||Episode: "Shallow End"|
|1996||Pie in the Sky||Michael Cheung||Episode: "Chinese Whispers"|
|Cracker||Peter Yang||Episode: "White Ghost"|
|1997||Supply & Demand||Frankie Li|
|2002||The Bill||DS David Chiu||Episodes: 052, 053, 054, 056, 057|
|15 Storeys High||Errol|
|Look Around You||Chess/draughts player||Episode: "The Brain"|
|2003||State of Play||Pete Cheng||Episode: No.1.1|
|2005||Look Around You||Dr Franklin Fu||Episode: "Health"|
|2006||Eleventh Hour||Danny||Episode: "Containment"|
|2008||The Peter Serafinowicz Show||Various characters|
|2010||The IT Crowd||Prime||Episode: "The Final Countdown"|
|2010-11||Law and Order: UK||Eli Smart||Episodes: "ID" & "Fault Lines"|
|2011||Covert Affairs||Shen Yue||Episode: "World Leader Pretend"|
|2012||Top Boy Season 2||Vincent|
|2013||The Wrong Mans||Lau|
|Marco Polo||Kublai Khan|
|2000||Kiss Kiss (Bang Bang)||Pat Proudence|
|2002||Dirty Pretty Things||Guo Yi|
|2005||On a Clear Day||Chan|
|A Cock and Bull Story||Ed|
|Grow Your Own||Kung Sang|
|Frankenstein||Ed Gore||TV film|
|2008||Largo Winch||William Kwan|
|My Dad the Communist||Dad|
|2010||Shanghai 2010||Juso Kita|
|2011||The Lady||Karma Phuntsho|
|Johnny English Reborn||Chi Han Ly|
|Kick-Ass 2||Mr. Kim|
|1995||The Letter||Ong Chi Seng||Lyric Theatre (Hammersmith)|
|1998||The Merchant of Venice||Solanio||Shakespeare's Globe|
|1998||The Honest Whore||Castruchio||Shakespeare's Globe|
|1999||Julius Caesar||Calphurnia/Lucillius||Shakespeare's Globe|
|1999||Antony and Cleopatra||Menas/Scarus||Shakespeare's Globe|
|2003||In Arabia We'd All Be Kings||Vic/Cop||Hampstead Theatre|
|2009||The Pillowman||Ariel||Curve (theatre)|
|2010||Hungry Ghosts||Zhi-Hui||Orange Tree Theatre|
|2013||#aiww: The Arrest of Ai Weiwei||Ai Weiwei||Hampstead Theatre|
|2013||Chimerica||Zhang Lin||Almeida Theatre|
- Mesure, Susie (28 July 2013). "Benedict Wong: 'I'm the go-to guy for victims of torture'". The Independent. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- O'Neill, Phelim (9 March 2007). "First sight: Benedict Wong". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- Kelly, Ann. "Benedict Wong - Grow Your Own interview". BBC Films. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- Benedict Wong discusses playing crime[dead link]
- "Press Office - Spirit Warriors press pack: introduction". BBC. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- Cameron K (20 February 2012). "Actor Benedict Wong talks about Prometheus". Den of Geek. Dennis Publishing. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- "Casting announced for #aiww: The Arrest of Ai Weiwei". Hampstead Theatre. 1 March 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- "Benedict Wong People". Headlong. 13 September 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- "IMDB The Wrong Mans full cast and crew".
- "Benedict Wong". BIFA. Chapter Media. Retrieved 13 July 2014.[dead link]
- "Vote: Best Dramatic Performance 2013". West End Frame Awards. West End Frame. 22 October 2013. Retrieved 13 July 2014.