June 4, 1983 |
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||172 kilograms (379 lb)|
|Relatives||Magnús Magnússon (brother) |
|Competitor for Iceland|
|Arnold Strongman Classic|
|IFSA Strongman World Championship|
|Iceland's Strongest Man (IFSA)|
|Iceland's Strongest Man|
|Iceland's Strongest Viking|
Strongman and powerlifting career
Benedikt formerly held the world record for the Hummer tire deadlift of 500 kg (1102 lb) at the Arnold Strongman Classic, in which hummer tires are used instead of powerlifting plates under strongman rules where lifting straps are allowed.
Benedikt currently holds the Log Lift Icelandic Record standing at 180 kg (397 lb).
Benedikt Magnússon, alongside wife Gemma Magnússon, (Britain's Strongest Woman) owned and ran heavy lifting gym in Iceland called Super Gym. Super Gym ran monthly "raw" (without the aid of suits) competitions including Log Lift Max, Deadlift Max, Rolling Thunder Max, Bench Press Max, and Squat Max.
Benedikt holds the current deadlift world record, lifting 460 kg (1015 lb) at MHP's Clash of the Titan's IV, April 2, 2011.
Benedikt lays out his training routine leading up to his 460 kg (1015 lb) deadlift in two simple steps. Starting with the pre-conditioning phase, and ending with the muscle-building phase. Between the two phases he would spend 4–6 days in the gym per week.
Benedikt is currently sponsored by online sports nutrition brand, Myprotein.
After his absence from competing due to injury and the following rehabilitation, Benedikt returned and broke the Strongman Deadlift World Record at the Giants Live Strongman competition in Melbourne, Australia by deadlifting 445 kg (981 pounds) RAW with straps.
After only 8 weeks of training due to an operation to re-attach a finger tendon, Benedikt broke his own strongman deadlift world record at the World Deadlift Championships at Europe's Strongest Man 2014 with a lift of 461 kg (1016 lbs) on a standard bar and plates.
Powerlifting Competition Records:
done in official powerlifting full meets
- Squat - 380 kg (837.7 lbs)
- Bench press - 220 kg (485 lbs) raw
- Deadlift - 461 kg (1016 lbs) raw with straps 
- Total = 1042.5 kg (380/220/442.5) / 2298.3 lbs (837.7/485/975.5) raw with wraps
- Saturday, December 17, 2005, IFSA Team World Championships: Team Europe vs. Team Scandinavia, by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D.IronMind
- "David Horne's World of Grip". davidhorne-gripmaster.com. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Stefán Sölvi Petursson Wins Iceland’s Strongest Man". ironmind.com. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Benedikt Magnusson 440kg Deadlift | IronScene Powerlifting". ironscene.com. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- Magnusson, Benedikt. "Benedikt Magnusson's Training Leading Up to His World Record Deadlift". Lift. Retrieved 29 April 2013.
- "Benedikt Magnusson | Myprotein - The Zone". myprotein.com. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Benedikt Magnusson 445kg Deadlift with Straps - All Things Gym". allthingsgym.com. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
-  ANIL KUMAR and LOKESH KUMAR- 461 kg Deadlift - Europe's Strongest Man 2014 - RAW
- ALL TIME HISTORICAL MEN AND WOMEN’S POWERLIFTING WORLD RECORDS