Benelux Office for Intellectual Property
|Motto||Doing business successfully starts with registration|
|Formation||25 February 2005|
|Headquarters||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Official language||English, Dutch, French|
|Director General||Edmond Simon|
|Budget||€14 million (2013)|
|Website||Official web site|
The Benelux Office for Intellectual Property (BOIP) is the registration office for trademarks and designs in the Benelux. The BOIP is the legal successor of the Benelux Trademarks Office (Dutch: Benelux-Merkenbureau, French: Bureau Benelux des Marques) and the Benelux Designs Office (Dutch: Benelux-Bureau voor Tekeningen of Modellen, French: Bureau Benelux des Dessins ou Modèles). The BOIP is based at The Hague, Netherlands.
The BOIP is part of the Benelux Organisation for Intellectual Property, established by the Benelux Convention on Intellectual Property, which was signed on 25 February 2005 and entered into force on 1 September 2006. The Benelux Convention on Intellectual Property replaced the Benelux Convention on Trade Marks (1962) and the Benelux Convention on Designs (1966).
Besides acting for the Benelux territory per se, BOIP also acts as the registration office for trade marks of the Caribbean Netherlands since the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles on 10 October 2010. Until 10 October 2011 pre-existing Netherlands Antilles' trademarks had to be confirmed with the office in order to remain valid.
From 1 January 2015, the office will also serve as the back office for the Bureau for Intellectual Property of Sint Maarten (BIP SXM), a task which has been performed by the trademark office of Curaçao since 10 October 2010.
- "Exploitatierekening (Jaarverslag)". BOIP. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- "Organisatie (Jaarverslag)". BOIP. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- "Article 5.1,Benelux Convention on Intellectual Property" (in Dutch). Government of the Netherlands. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
De Organisatie is de rechtsopvolger van het Benelux-Merkenbureau (...), en van het Benelux-Bureau voor Tekeningen of Modellen
- diplomatie.be, Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, List of Treaties of which Belgium is the depositary. Retrieved on 19 November 2006.
- "Registration of Trademarks in Caribbean Netherlands". BOIP. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- "Sint Maarten and the BOIP conclude agreement on trademark law". BOIP. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- Official web site (English homepage)
|This article about an international organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in Europe is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|