|• Total||39,827 km2 (15,377 sq mi)|
|• Density||53/km2 (140/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||AO-BGU|
Benguela is a province of Angola. Its capital is Benguela and it has an area of 31,788 km² and a population of approximately 600,000. According to 1988 US government statistics, the population had 297,700 urban inhabitants and 308,800 rural inhabitants, with an estimated total provincial population of 606,500. Municipalities in the province include Lobito, Bocoio, Balombo, Ganda, Cubal, Caimbambo, Baia-Farta and Chongorói.
The current governor of Benguela is Isaac dos Anjos.
Benguela Province is traversed by the northwesterly line of equal latitude and longitude.
- Official website of province governor
- Information on this province at the Angolan ministry for territorial administration
- Information on this province at Info Angola
- US government statistics from 1988
- Angolan embassy in London[dead link]
|This Angola location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|