From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Benign (disambiguation).
Benignity (from Latin benignus "kind, good", itself deriving from bonus "good" and genus "origin") is any condition that is harmless in the long run. The opposite of benignity is malignity (or malignancy in Medical discourse).
- Outside oncology
- Benign intracranial hypertension
- Benign myalgic encephalomyelitis
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
- Benign tertian malaria (malaria caused specifically by Plasmodium vivax or Plasmodium ovale)