Benjamin Brian Castro
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (April 2013)|
Castro in August 2012
|Born||Benjamin Brian Castro
December 22, 1989
Oceanside, New York, U.S.A.
|Other names||Seb Castro, Brian Castro|
|Occupation||Actor, Singer, Visual Artist, Online Personality|
Benjamin Brian Castro (born December 22, 1989), better known by his stage name Sebastian Castro, is a Peruvian-Japanese American actor, singer, visual artist, and YouTube sensation. He is an international celebrity, with a large following in Southeast Asia.
Castro is most widely known for his viral gay-themed music video "Bubble". Garnering over a million hits in its first couple months, "Bubble" brought Castro fame across South East Asia, most visibly in the Philippines and Thailand.
Castro starred in the role of Sebastian in the acclaimed 2013 Hong Kong movie Voyage, set across Europe and Asia, and filmed in the English language. The film was directed by Danny Cheng Wan-Cheung (known as Scud), who also commissioned Castro to produce some original artwork for the film.
Early life & personal life
Sebastian Castro's coming out has been often compared to that of BB Gandanghari on the reality TV series Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. Castro commented that he has, "no problem with that. It's just not really my style."
On February 14, 2013, Castro's first music video "Bubble" appeared on YouTube, garnering over 700,000 views in its first month. Bubble further popularized the dance crazy "Bubble Pop," particularly in the Philippines. The music video was Sebastian Castro's "coming out." Prior to releasing the homo-erotic Bubble music video, Castro was not publicly open about his sexuality.
Castro has landed several major product endorsements in SouthEast Asia, including Jollibee, Pantene Hair, and Sun Cellular. He was featured among the Philippine Cosmopolitan Bachelor's of 2011 and is currently the face of Skin 101, a Philippine-based skin care brand.
- Tuazon, Neil Darius. "Cosmo Hunk Sebastian Castro "Comes Out" on Youtube". Pep.ph. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Pumaloy, Rey. "Youtube Sensation Sebastian Castro: I am Gay". Pep.ph. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Blaney, Martin. "Scud Make Voyage to Europe". Screen Daily. Media Business Insight Limited. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Ignacio, Alwyn. "Sebastian Castro: Out of the Bubble". The Daily Tribune. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Regondola, Glen. "Sebastian Castro on BB Gandanghari's fashion style: No problem with that. It's just not really my style.". Pep.ph. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Sebastian Castro". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blaney, Martin. "Scud Make Voyage to Europe". Screen Daily. Media Business Insight Limited. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Yu, Allen. "The Rise of a Filipino Gay Icon". Bakliterati. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Sablan, Mark. "Tutorial: Sebastian Castro Demonstrates How To 'Bubble Pop'". Coconuts Manila. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Jersey Parker: Party". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- San Diego Jr, Bayani. "Meet the Boy in a Pink Bubble". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Diaz, Jenny. "Skin 101: Dermatology Clinic". Skin 101. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Alvarez, Mark. "Sebastian Castro: The Hunky Pastelist". RPA Style. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (April 2013)|
- Benjamin Brian Castro on Twitter
- Sebastian Castro at the Internet Movie Database
- Sebastian Castro on Facebook
- Sebastian Castro's Bubble Fan Club on Facebook
- Sebastian Castro's Sebster Fan Club on Facebook
- Sebastian Castro Artist's Website & Blog
- Queerty: Sebastian Castro Pops his Bubble
- Life Style Hub - Blogger Commentary on Sebastian Castro's Twitter Trends
- Pinoy POP BIZ - Sebastian Castro's Art Featured