|Rabbi Benjamin Yudin|
Rabbi Yudin lighting the Chanukah Menorah
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Residence||Fair Lawn, New Jersey|
|Alma mater||Yeshiva University|
Rabbi Yudin lives in Fair Lawn, New Jersey, where he is the rabbi of Congregation Shomrei Torah. He is an instructor of Talmud, Bible, and Jewish Law at the Mechina program of the James Striar School of Yeshiva University's Undergraduate Jewish Studies program, where he formerly served as dean.
Rabbi Yudin and his wife Shevi are well known in Bergen County and beyond for their extensive communal and charitable work. He is a senior member of the Rabbinical Council of Bergen County (RCBC). As one of the first rabbis to serve in Bergen County, he was instrumental in developing the Orthodox Jewish communal infrastructure there, including a synagogue, mikveh, and Yeshivat Noam in Paramus, New Jersey. In 2007, he was appointed by Governor Jon Corzine to the New Jersey-Israel Commission.
Rabbi Yudin gives a weekly radio address (drasha) regarding ethical messages from the weekly Parsha (Torah portion) to an audience of over 50,000 in the New York Metropolitan Area on the radio program JM in the AM on WFMU. His publications include a book "Rabbi Benjamin Yudin on the Parsha" by Mosaica Press, an introduction and explanatory essays to the Artscroll Transliterated Linear Siddur and regularly published online essays.
- a collection of Rabbi Yudin's print articles and audio & video lectures
- http://www.shomrei-torah.org/pachimktanim.htm - archives of Rabbi Yudin's "Pachim Ketanim" column of brief halacha
- http://www.nachumsegal.com/archive.cfm?view=2&personality=25844 - archived radio drashot
- http://mosaicapress.org/?p=519 - Rabbi Benjamin Yudin on the Parsha, book
- "Lasting Tribute", The Record (Bergen County), July 26, 2001. Accessed March 29, 2011. "The wing was dedicated by Rabbi Benjamin Yudin of Fair Lawn, followed by a dinner at the Fort Lee Hilton."
- "MECHINAH FACULTY". Yeshiva University. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Rabbi Benjamin Yudin". State of New Jersey. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Rabbi Benjamin Yudin, Congregation Shomrei Torah. Accessed March 27, 2008. "He pursued a dual graduate study program, earning smicha (rabbinic ordination) from Y.U.'s Rabbi Isaac Elchanan Theological Seminary, as well as a master's degree in Jewish History."
- Governor Corzine Files Direct Appointments, Governor of New Jersey press release, February 1, 2007. Accessed July 20, 2008
- "New Jersey - Israel Commission members". State of New Jersey. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Yudins to lead mission to Israel". The Jewish Standard. August 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Playlists and Archives for Jewish Moments in the Morning with Nachum Segal". WFMU. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Preis, Nechama (1998). "Close-up: Rabbi Benjamin Yudin. An "outreach pro"—who shuns the very term—finds multiple ways to extend a warm hand of welcome.". Jewish Action 58 (3).