||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011)|
May 13, 1984 |
Kollam, Kerala, India
|Genres||Playback singing, Indi-pop|
|Years active||2006 - present|
Benny Dayal (born on May 13, 1984) is an Indian singer. He is a member of the band S5 launched by the channel SS Music. Originally from Kerala, he has worked as a playback singer with many noted composers to produce successful soundtracks.
Benny Dayal's parents hail from Kollam district, Kerala. Benny was born and brought up in Abu Dhabi and completed his schooling there from Abu Dhabi Indian School(ADIS) and went on to complete his B.Com from Madras Christian College. His father was working in Abu Dhabi. After his graduation from MCC, he did a diploma in journalism from the same college. He was working as Events Coordinator with RR Donnelley. He quit his job in BPO and decided to dedicate his career to music. Most of the films he sang are for A. R. Rahman in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu and Malayalam. He has since worked with several music composers including Harris Jayaraj, Pravin Mani, Yuvan Shankar Raja, James Vasanthan, Joshua Sridhar, Karsh Kale and Devi Sri Prasad. Currently Benny has been working with the top Music Directors in Bollywood including Amit Trivedi, Salim-Sulaiman, Vishal Shekhar, Pritam and Himesh Reshammiya.
- Ithu Premamo
- Saaral (Produced by Rainbow Bridge Studios)
- Kavithai Gundar (Produced by Studio8)
- Swaasam (Hexachord)
- Locha E Ulfat- 2 States (film)
- Shake it like Shammi - Hasee Toh Phasee
- Punjabi Wedding - Hasee Toh Phasee - Sung with Sunidhi Chauhan
- Aadat Se Majboor - Ladies vs Ricky Bahl - Sung with Ranveer Singh
- ABCD - Yo Yo Honey Singh Yaariyan - Sung with Shefali Alvaris, Honey Singh
- Antenna - Always Kabhi Kabhi - Sung with Roshan Abbas, Apeksha Dandekar
- Badmaash Company - Badmaash Company -
- Badtameez Dil (Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani - 2013) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Shefali Alvares
- Choomantar (Mere Brother Ki Dulhan) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Aditi Singh Sharma
- Daaru Desi (Cocktail) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Shalmali Kholgade
- Delhi 6 (Delhi 6) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Vivienne Pocha, Blaze, Tanvi Shah, Claire
- Disco Deewane (Student of The Year) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Nazia Hassan, Sunidhi Chauhan
- Don't Worry (Oh My God!) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Himesh Reshammiya
- Dum Dum (Band Baaja Baaraat) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Himani Kapoor
- Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu (Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu) Sung By: Anushka Manchanda, Benny Dayal, Shefali Alvares
- Habibi Habibi (Aazaan) Sung By: Benny Dayal
- Jab Main Tumhare Saath Hun (Jodi Breakers) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Shilpa Rao, Salim Merchant
- Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayi (Ghajini) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Shreya Ghoshal
- Lat Lag Gayi (Race 2) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Shalmali Kholgade
- Life Sahi Hai (Pyaar Ka Punchnama) Sung By: KK, Vishal Dadlani, Benny Dayal, Siddharath Coutto
- Love Love Love Kya Cheej Hai (Love Breakups Zindagi) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Shraddha Pandit
- Mastam Dar Mastam (Yuvvraaj) Sung By: Alka Yagnik, Benny Dayal, Naresh Iyer, Sonu Nigam
- Muh Meetha Kara De (Rabba Main Kya Karoon) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Monali Thakur
- Nazre Milana Nazre Churana (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) Sung By: Anupama Deshpande, Benny Dayal, Darshana, Naresh Iyer, Satish Chakravarthy, #Swetha Bhargavi, Tanvi Shah
- Pappu Cant Dance (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) Sung By: Anupama Deshpande, Benny Dayal, Blaze, Darshana, Mohammad Aslam, Satish Subramanium, Tanvi Shah
- Pappu Cant Dance (Remix) (Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na) Sung By: Anupama Deshpande, Benny Dayal, Blaze, Darshana, Mohammad Aslam, Satish Subramanium, Tanvi Shah
- Phini Na Na Baitho (Aap Ke Deewane) Sung By: Mohammad Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar, Amit Kumar, Benny Dayal
- Pocket Mein Rocket Hai Pocket Mein (Rocket Singh) Sung By: Benny Dayal
- Rabba Main Kya Karoon (Rabba Main Kya Karoon) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Raj Pandit, Vidhi Sharma
- Rehna Tu, Hai Jaisa Tu (Delhi 6) Sung By: A.R Rahman, Benny Dayal, Tanvi Shah
- Shuddh Desi Romance (Shuddh Desi Romance) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Shalmali Kholgade
- Tambai Sa Rang (Chakravyuh) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Salim Merchant, Shadab Faridi
- Tarkeebein (Band Baaja Baaraat) Sung By: Salim Merchant, Benny Dayal
- Tu Hi To Meri Dost Hain (Yuvvraaj) Sung By: Benny Dayal, A R Rahman, Shreya Ghoshal
- Tujhpe Fida (Heroine) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Shraddha Pandit
- Vacancy (Golmaal Returns) Sung By: Benny Dayal, Neeraj Sridhar, Suhail Kaul, Suzanne DMello
- You And Me (Pyaar Impossible) Sung By: Neha Bhasin, Benny Dayal
- Besharmi Ki Height (Main Tera Hero) Sung By: Shalmali Kholgade, Benny Dayal
|2007||Sivaji||"Balleilakka"||A. R. Rahman||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, A. R. Reihana|
|Polladhavan||"Neeye Sol"||G. V. Prakash Kumar||Sunitha Sarathy|
|Azhagiya Tamil Magan||"Nee Marilyn Monroe"
|A. R. Rahman||Ujjayinee
|G. V. Prakash Kumar||Mamta Mohandas
Rahul Nambiar, Silambarasan
|Dhaam Dhoom||"Pudhu Pudhu"
|Jayamkondaan||"Ore Or Naal"||Vidyasagar|
|Subramaniapuram||"Theneeril Snegitham"||James Vasanthan|
|A. R. Rahman||Blaaze, Viviane Chaix
|Sathyam||"En Anbe"||Harris Jayaraj||Sadhana Sargam|
|Vaaranam Aayiram||"Adiye Kolludhae"
|Harris Jayaraj||Krish, Shruti Haasan
Naresh Iyer, Solar Sai
|Seval||"Odamarathu Mullapola"||G. V. Prakash Kumar|
|2009||Ayan||"Oyaayiyae"||Harris Jayaraj||Haricharan, Chinmayi|
|Pasanga||"Who's That Guy"||James Vasanthan|
|Muthirai||"Night Is Still Young"||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Krish|
|Kulir 100 Degree||"Boom"||BoBo Shashi||Abhishek Ray, BoBo Shashi|
|Maasilamani||"Nacka Romba Nacka"||D. Imman||Rita|
|Kanden Kadhalai||"Oru Naal Iravil"||Vidyasagar||Tippu|
|Aadhavan||"Damakku Damakku"||Harris Jayaraj|
|Ninaithale Inikkum||"Nanbanai Partha"||Vijay Antony|
|Siddu +2||"Money Money"||Dharan||Reshmi|
|Paiyaa||"Poongatre Poongatre"||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|2010||Goa||"Idaivezhi Oru"||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Mamta Mohandas|
|Vinnaithaandi Varuvaayaa||"Omana Penne"||A. R. Rahman||Kalyani Menon|
|Angadi Theru||"Kadhaigalai Pesum"
|G. V. Prakash Kumar
M. K. Balaji, Janaki Iyer
|A. R. Rahman||Solo
Bhagyaraj, A. R. Reihana, Tanvi Shah
|Singam||"Naane Indhiran"||Devi Sri Prasad||Manicka Vinayagam|
|Enthiran||"Arima Arima"||A. R. Rahman||Hariharan, Sadhana Sargam, Naresh Iyer|
|Mynaa||"Neeyum Naanum"||D. Imman||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Easan||"Meyyana Inbam"||James Vasanthan||Sukhwinder Singh|
|Chikku Bukku||"Chikku Bukku"
|Pravin Mani||Rahul Nambiar, Maya, Sricharan
|2011||Kadhal 2 Kalyanam||"Idhu Kadhalai"||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Chinmayi|
|Vaanam||"Who Am I"||Yuvan Shankar Raja|
|Venghai||"Dhenam Dhenam"||Devi Sri Prasad||Baba Sehgal|
|7aam Arivu||"Oh Ringa Ringa"||Harris Jayaraj||Suchitra, Roshan, Jerry John|
|Urumi||"Kondaadu Kondaadu"||Deepak Dev||Rita|
|2012||Podaa Podi||"Podaa Podi"
Naresh Iyer, Suchitra
|Kumki||"Yella Oorum"||D. Imman||D. Imman|
|Vishwaroopam||"Thuppaki Engal Tholile"||Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy||Kamal Haasan|
|2013||Thalaivaa||"Tamil Pasanga"||G. V. Prakash Kumar||Sheezay.Psycho Unit|
|2014||Aaha Kalyanam||"Kootali Kootali"||Dharan||Usha Uthup|
|Maan Karate||"Darling Dambakku"||Anirudh Ravichander||Sunidhi Chauhan|
|2006||Kilukkam Kilukilukkam||"Paatonnu Paadan Marannathende"||Malayalam||Deepak Dev|
|2008||Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na||"Pappu Can't Dance Sala"||Hindi||A. R. Rahman|
"Tu Meri Dost Hai"
|Hindi||A. R. Rahman|
|Ghajini||"Kaise Mujhe"||Hindi||A. R. Rahman|
|2009||Robinhood||"Parannu Vanna Paingili"||Malayalam||M. Jayachandran|
|Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year||"Pocket Mein Rocket"||Hindi||Salim-Sulaiman|
|Pyaar Impossible!||"You and Me"||Hindi||Salim-Sulaiman|
|Love Guru||"Tangaali Tandeya"
|2010||Ye Maaya Chesave||"Kundanapu Bomma"||Telugu||A. R. Rahman|
|Badmaash Company||"Badmaash Company"||Hindi||Pritam|
|Darling||"Gum Gum Yeyo"||Telugu||G. V. Prakash Kumar|
|Orange||"O Range"||Telugu||Harris Jayaraj|
|Gaana Bajaana||"Gundetu Gundetu"||Kannada||Joshua Sridhar|
|Huduga Hudugi||"Illeana"||Kannada||Joshua Sridhar|
|Band Baaja Baaraat||"Tarkeebein"
"Dum Dum Mast Hai"
|2011||'Prema Kavali||"Dum Dum"||Telugu||Anoop Rubens|
|Seniors||"Aaramam Nirangal"||Malayalam||Alphons Joseph|
|Mere Brother Ki Dulhan||"Choomantar"||Hindi||Sohail Sen|
|Teja Bhai & Family||"Thillana Thillana"||Malayalam||Deepak Dev|
|Oh My Friend||"Nuvvu Nenu Jattu"||Telugu||Rahulraj|
|Ladies vs Ricky Bahl||"Aadat Se Majboor"||Hindi||Salim-Sulaiman|
|2012||Daruvu||"Sexy lady"||Telugu||Vijay Antony|
|Jodi Breakers||"Jab Main Tumhare Saath Hu"||Hindi||Salim-Sulaiman|
|Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu||"Ek Main Aur Ekk tu"||Hindi||Amit Trivedi|
|Lovely||"Dolare Dola"||Telugu||Anoop Rubens|
|Student of the Year||"The Disco Song"||Hindi||Vishal–Shekhar|
|2013||Race 2||"Lat Lag Gayi"||Hindi||Pritam|
|Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani||"Badtameez Dil"||Hindi||Pritam|
|Phata Poster Nikla Hero||"Hey Mr.Dj"||Hindi||Pritam|
|Shuddh Desi Romance||"Shuddh Desi Romance"||Hindi||Sachin - Jigar|
|Rangbaaz (2013 film)||"O Madhu I love You"
"Love You Soniyo"
|2014||Yaariyan (2014 film)||"ABCD"||Hindi||Pritam|
- 54th Filmfare Awards – RD Burman Award for New Music Talent - Kaise Mujhe Tum (Ghajini)
- 2009 Stardust Awards — Max Stardust Awards for New Musical Sensation (Pappu can't dance/Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na)
Benny Dayal performed live at Symbiosis Center for Management Studies for their annual fest called Sympulse in Pune on 15 January 2014 and Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Delhi on 16 November 2013 in their annual management festival Quo Vadis Dayal performed live at Tezpur University in annual technical fest Techxetra 2013 on 27 October 2013  and at pro-show festember-13 the cultural festival of NIT Trichy on 29 September 2013 . Dayal also performed at NIT Calicut on March 26, 2009 as part of the cultural festival Ragam 09. He along with his band Rainbow Bridge performed at the Annual Cultural Festival OASIS 2009 of Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani. He performed at Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, Tanjore as a part of the cult fest Kuruksastra in 2009. He performed with Stephen Devassy and others at SSN College of Engineering on March 5, 2010 and at Mar Baselios College of Engineering and Technology on March 21, 2010 as part of a cultural event. He was at Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Pampady on March 5, 2010 for Bloom. He frenzied the audience at the jam packed Music Academy on March 27, 2010 at Sangarsh 10 — a concert for a cause, organised by Rotaract Club of College of Engineering Guindy.
He performed at Paramarsh, a student festival of the Faculty of Technology & Engineering, MSU Baroda on 16 September 2012. He performed at Saarang, the IIT-Madras culfest on 12 January, 2013. he performed at d'equinox 2014,the cultural fest of Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology.
He has also performed at club O7, Ahmedabad, one of the most reputed clubs of Asia.
In the Malayalam film By the people, Benny Dayal performed as an actor along with his 'S5' band partners. All the songs in the movie were sung by 'S5' members for the composer Pravin Mani.
- Video interview with Benny Dayal, http://video.webindia123.com/new/interviews/singers/bennydayal/index.htm
- "Scaling heights". Metro Plus (Chennai, India: The Hindu). 2008-10-11. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- George, Vijay (2005-05-16). "S5 's Malayali connection". Metro Plus (Chennai, India: The Hindu). Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "ABOUT BENNY DAYAL:". Oneindia.in. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- Kamath, Sudhish (2009-10-02). "How Benny made it big". Chennai, India: The Hindu. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- "AWARDS". Oneindia.in. Retrieved October 3, 2011.
- "IIFT Quo Vadis 2013". Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "sound bender". Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- Contact Support
- RCEG – Rotaract Club of College of Engineering Guindy
- "The Leading 8th Mile VCE Site on the Net". 8thmilervce.com. Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Three-day Acharya Habba starts tomorrow". The Hindu (Chennai, India). 2011-04-06.