|Town of Bentley|
|Municipal district||Lacombe County|
|Incorporated||March 17, 1915 (village)|
|January 1, 2001 (town)|
|• Mayor||Joan Dickau|
|• Governing body||Bentley Town Council|
|• Total||2.30 km2 (0.89 sq mi)|
|Elevation||910 m (2,990 ft)|
|• Density||466.3/km2 (1,208/sq mi)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|Postal code span||T0C 0J0|
It was named in honour of George Bentley, an early homesteader.
The first settlers came from the U.S. and either walked or drove oxen from Lacombe, which was the closest railroad station between 1888-1890. The first church was built in 1890 by the Methodists, and a schoolhouse was built in 1903. Bentley was incorporated as a village on March 17, 1915.
A disastrous fire destroyed all buildings on the south side of the community in 1916. The centre roadway was made 36 metres (118 ft) wide and new buildings could not be constructed inside that area. In 1930, a centre boulevard was constructed for fire protection and street lights installed.
Bentley was incorporated as a town on January 1, 2001.
In the 2011 Census, the Town of Bentley had a population of 1,073 living in 440 of its 469 total dwellings, a -0.9% change from its 2006 population of 1,083. With a land area of 2.3 km2 (0.89 sq mi), it had a population density of 466.5/km2 (1,208.3/sq mi) in 2011.
The population of the Town of Bentley according to its 2009 municipal census is 1,132.
In 2006, Bentley had a population of 1,083 living in 445 dwellings, a 4.1% increase from 2001. The town has a land area of 2.30 km2 (0.89 sq mi) and a population density of 470.7 /km2 (1,219 /sq mi).
Bentley has one public school, Bentley School (kindergarten to grade 12), administered by Wolf Creek Public Schools. The Bentley Parent Advisor Council is an active group that promotes working with the school community to provide a quality education in a caring environment for students.
- "Location and History Profile: Town of Bentley". Alberta Municipal Affairs. 2012-07-27. Retrieved 2012-08-01.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and census subdivisions (municipalities), 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2009-09-15). "Alberta 2009 Official Population List". Retrieved 2010-09-14.
- Statistics Canada (Census 2006). "Bentley - Community Profile". Retrieved 2007-06-09.
- Wolfcreek Public Schools, Alberta
|Rocky Mountain House||Lacombe|
|Eckville||Sylvan Lake||Red Deer|