|Public (LSE: BRSN)|
|Industry||Textile rental service|
|Iain Ferguson, Chairman
Peter Ventress, CEO
|Revenue||£1,054.2 million (2013)|
|£135.0 million (2013)|
|£85.2 million (2013)|
The business was formed in 1920 as Godfrey Davis renting out automobiles. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1959. In 1987 it acquired Sunlight Services, a leading laundry business founded in 1900. In 1991 it sold most of its car dealerships (having already sold the car rental business) and the name was changed to Davis Service Group. In 1996 it acquired Spring Grove Services, another leading laundry business. In 2002 it bought Sophus Berendsen, a leading Danish laundry business for £426m. Then in 2007 it bought the textile service business of Germany's Permaclean.
The Berendsen Group is divided into three Business Lines:
- Facility (Mats, Washroom and Cleanroom)
- Flat Linen (Hotels and Healthcare)
Berendsen is present in 15 countries throughout Europe: Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden and United Kingdom.
- Preliminary Results 2013
- Granada "Group completes sale of Spring Grove Services to Davis". 25 October 1996. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- Dunne, Helen (23 March 2002). "Davis agrees £426m bid for Rentokil founder Berendsen". The Daily Telegraph (London). Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- Moulds, Josephine (21 December 2006). "Commodities drag down FTSE100". London: The Telegraph. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Davis Service Group Appoints Peter Ventress As CEO". RTT. 31 July 2009. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
- "Change of name". Telegraph Wire. 4 January 2011. Retrieved 8 April 2012.
|This article about a service company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|