|Parent company||Bloomsbury Publishing|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Distribution||Macmillan Publishers (Except United States), Palgrave Macmillan (United States)|
|Publication types||Books, academic journals|
Berg Publishers is an academic publishing company based in Oxford, England that was founded in 1983 by Marion Berghahn. Berg publishes monographs, textbooks, and reference works as well as academic journals. Concentrations are fashion, design, anthropology, history, and cultural studies.
Book Industry Communication (BIC), a trade standards group for electronic commerce and supply chain effiiciency, awarded Berg its BIC Product Data Excellence Gold Award in 2007-2008 and its e4books project accredited Berg in 2008.
Berg won the Independent Publishers Guild's 2008 Publishing Technology E-Publishing Award for its collection of profitable digital strategies in March 2008. The judges "liked the way it had taken apart its books to adapt them to digital environments."
As of March 2008, Berg published thirteen journals.
In September 2008, Bloomsbury Publishing agreed to buy Oxford International Publishers, trading as Berg Publishers. From 2013, all Berg titles, including journals, will be published under the Bloomsbury name (under the imprint Bloomsbury Academic).
- "BERG PUBLISHERS: LOCAL PUBLISHER SET FOR GREAT THINGS".
- "About Berg". Retrieved 2008-05-30.
- Earle, Kathryn (13 December 2006). "Social History Society places 'Cultural and Social History' with Berg" (open email). LIBLICENSE. Retrieved 25 September 2013. "Berg has won many awards, including the BIC Gold Award for Data Excellence, and is a member of CrossRef."
- "Berg Publishers". Retrieved 2008-05-31.
- Shine, Bridget (March 2008). "The Independent Publishing Awards 2008". Independent Publishers Guild. Archived from the original on 30 April 2008. Retrieved 25 September 2013. "Publishing Technology E-Publishing Award: Berg Publishers"
- "Society for Scholarly Publishing — Member News Releases". Retrieved 2008-05-30.
- press release ((cite web |url=http://www.bloomsbury.com/rebranding-continuum-berg-bcp/ |format= |work=accessdate=2012-11-23))