Bergtóra Hanusardóttir (born 15 November 1946 in Tórshavn, Faroe Islands) is a Faroese writer and an orthodontist. She has her own clinic in Tórshavn. She moved to live in Copenhagen in order to study to become a dentist. She finished her studies in 1970 and was a dentist, and after that she specialized to orthodontist, which she finished in 1975, after that she moved back to the Faroe Islands, where she was active in the society in many ways, she was active in handball, worked for equal rights for women, she protested against the EEC, was a board member of the Women's Organization of Tórshavn (Kvinnufelagið í Havn). She has represented the Faroe Islands at international women's conferences around the world, i.e. in Beijing in 1995 and in New York in 2000.
She wrote texts of various kind for the women's magazine Kvinnutíðindi, where she was editor for some years. She published her first novel Skert flog in 1990, she has until now published three novels, the third one, Burtur, was published in 1990, it is about young Faroese people who study in Denmark.
She is the daughter of Mia Trónd from Tórshavn and Hanus D. Jensen from the small island Skúvoy. She is the oldest of four sisters. Her sisters are Rannvá, Svanna and Marjun. Her sister Marjun Hanusardóttir is the Permanent Secretary (director) of the Prime Ministers Office. Bergtóra has two children with Bogi Hansen: composer Tróndur Bogason (1976), who is married to the well known Faroese singer Eivør Pálsdóttir and Ragnheiður Bogadóttir, (1979).
- Skert flog, 1990
- Suðar dýpið reyða, 1999
- Burtur, 2006
- Loynigongir, collection of short stories, Mentunargrunnur Studentafelagsins, 108 pages, 1993
- Eisini kærleiki, published in Frostrósan, 1987
- Katrin, published in Frostrósan, 1987
- Várvindar, published in Kvinnutíðindi, 1988
- Bonsai, 2000
- Náttúra menniskjunar, 1984
- Heygbúgvin, 1991
- Songartíð, 2000
Published in Kvinnutíðindi
- Langomma, Kvinnutíðindi nr 1, 1984
- Tilkomin kvinna, Kvinnutíðindi nr 1, 1984
- Einsamøll mamma, Kvinnutíðindi nr 1, 1984
- Kvinna í starvi, Kvinnutíðindi nr 1, 1984
- Ung kvinna og Smágenta, Kvinnutíðindi nr 1, 1984
- Prose poems in the play Kvinnur, published in Kvinnutíðindi nr.1, 1984