|Location||Napa, California, USA|
|Parent company||Treasury Wine Estates|
|Tasting||Open to the public|
|Official name: Beringer Brothers-Los Hermanos Winery|
|Official name: Beringer Brothers Winery|
Beringer Vineyards is a large winery in St. Helena, California. Founded in 1875, Beringer Vineyards is "the oldest continuously operating winery in the Napa Valley", and is thus listed under both the National Register of Historical Places and as a California Historical Landmark. It was the first California winery to offer public tours after Prohibition's repeal. In 1939, Beringer invited attendees of the Golden Gate International Exposition to visit the winery; the winery also invited Hollywood stars including Clark Gable, Charles Laughton, and Carole Lombard to visit.
The Beringer family sold the Beringer name and winery to Nestlé in 1971. It sold off the company in 1996 to a group lead by Texas Pacific Group; the company went public the next year. The winery was owned by Foster's Group from 2000 to 2011. As of 2011, it is owned by Treasury Wine Estates.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "California Historical Landmarks: Napa County". Office of Historical Preservation, California State Parks. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- Courtney, Kevin (May 26, 2005). New park named for 'father of wine tourism'. Napa, CA: Lee Enterprises. Retrieved August 8, 2011.
- Texas Group Will Buy Beringer, Premium Vineyards From Nestle
- Market Plunge Upsets Firms' IPO Plans
- Sinton, Peter (10 January 2011). "Foster's Brewing To Buy Beringer". San Francisco Chronicle.
Media related to Beringer Vineyards at Wikimedia Commons
- Napa Valley Wine Co. the story and historical documents re. Charles Krug, Jacob Beringer/Beringer Bros., and Cesare/Robert Mondavi (in German)
|This winery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Napa County, California building and structure-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|