Berlin School of Economics and Law
|Berlin School of Economics and Law|
|Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin|
|Location||Berlin, Germany |
|Colors||Black White Red|
|Affiliations||AMBA Accreditation, FIBAA Accreditation, ACQUIN, AQAS, NIBS, EFMD, AACSB|
The Berlin School of Economics and Law (BSEL, German: Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht, HWR) is an institution founded on 1 April 2009 through the merger of the Berlin School of Economics (BSE) and the FHVR Berlin, a university of applied sciences for administration and law. The BSEL portfolio provides a wide range of professional qualifications. The Hochschule forms an academic centre specialised in business and administration for the public and private sector, as well as public security, the law and engineering. The majority of programmes lead to a Bachelor or Master degree. Degrees have been quality controlled and are accredited by the German state. BSEL is AMBA accredited and member of the UAS7 Alliance for Excellence, a strategic alliance of seven leading German Universities of Applied Sciences committed to excellence in teaching and research. BSEL has an international approach with close working relationship with over 90 partner universities all over the world and has a very strict and selective admission policy.
- 1 The BSEL Campus Locations
- 2 International Affairs
- 3 Faculties and Central Institutes
- 3.1 Faculty of Business and Economics
- 3.2 Faculty of Company-Linked Programmes
- 3.3 Faculty of Public Administration
- 3.4 Faculty of Police and Security Management
- 3.5 IMB Institute of Management Berlin
- 3.6 Institute for Distance Learning (FSI)
- 3.7 Institute for Co-operation with Central and Eastern European Countries in Public Reform (IMO)
- 4 Programmes at BSEL
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
The BSEL Campus Locations
The Berlin School of Economics and Law (BSEL) has three campuses. The main campus is located in Berlin-Schöneberg and is home to the University administration, the Faculty of Business and Economics and the IMB Institute of Management Berlin. The Faculty of Company-Linked Programmes is near Ostkreuz station in Berlin-Friedrichshain. The campus with the Faculty of Administration and Law, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Police Training and Management and the Institute for Distance Learning is part of the educational complex in Berlin-Lichtenberg. Since 2010, BSEL also has an experimental virtual campus in the 3D virtual world of Second Life, established and supervised by BSEL's Head of E-Learning, Marcus Birkenkrahe.
The Berlin School of Economics and Law encourages the internationalisation of its students through its more than 100 partner universities throughout the world, e.g. in Australia, the Netherlands, Great Britain, France, India, China, Japan, the United States and Hong Kong.
Faculties and Central Institutes
Faculty of Business and Economics
The Faculty of Business and Economics (Faculty 1) offers eight Bachelor programmes which usually combine a focus on business and economics with a wider integrative and interdisciplinary perspective. The inclusion of gender studies and environmental and sustainability issues are also important features of some of the programmes. Whilst all programmes have certain international components three of the programmes are entirely international either in the form of a bi-national dual degree course or by being taught in English and by including compulsory study abroad periods. The Master-of-Arts programmes of the faculty are run in English or in English and French and share all a distinctly international outlook.
Faculty of Company-Linked Programmes
The Faculty of Company-Linked Programmes (Faculty 2) offers a total of 15 sector-oriented bachelor programmes with business and technical specialisations. The unique feature of these programmes is the combination of theory based teaching phases and on the job-training phases. The programmes are run in close co-operation with 480 partner companies which are also involved in programme development. After three years of studies the students obtain their Bachelor‘s degree and are usually offered a position by their respective training company.
Faculty of Public Administration
Faculty of Police and Security Management
IMB Institute of Management Berlin
The Berlin School of Economics was among the first business schools in Germany to offer MBA-programmes through its Institute of Management Berlin  and can look back on 15 years of experience in this field. The IMB’s core competence is the MBA programme, and especially MBAs with different key themes. The five accredited MBA programmes of the IMB aim to prepare graduates – with various foci – for leading positions in general management of businesses or in the healthcare sector. The IMB offers also three M.A. programmes and one certificate programme. In 2013 the IMB Institute of Management Berlin has been granted accreditation for its MBA provision by the Association of MBAs (AMBA). It is the fourth business school in Germany, that has been accredited by the organization.
Institute for Distance Learning (FSI)
Institute for Co-operation with Central and Eastern European Countries in Public Reform (IMO)
The Institute for Co-operation with Central and Eastern European Countries in Public Reform (IMO) is an interdisciplinary centre of competence for development and consultancy projects in the areas of modernizing public administration and reforming police in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. The tasks of the institute include Central and Eastern European research as well as the design, the organisation and the implementation of international study curricula and further training courses in the context of the EU Lifelong Learning programme. Another important objective is the establishment and the support of scientific networks and mobility-enhancing co-operations.
Programmes at BSEL
Programmes offered in English
- B.A. International Business Management
- M.A. Accounting and Controlling
- M.A. Chinese-European Economics and Business Studies
- M.A. International Business & Consulting: Human resource management
- M.A. International Business & Consulting: Strategic management
- M.A. International Economics
- M.A. International Marketing management
- M.A. Political Economy of European Integration
- M.Sc. International Finance
- M.Sc. International Business Management
- MBA European-Asian Programme
- Certificate Macroeconomic Policy Studies
Programmes offered in English and German
- B.A. Business Administration (German-British or German-Dutch)
- B.A. Economics
- B.A. International Business (German/British)
- B.A. International Business Administration (company-linked programme)
- B.A. Security Management
- MBA Entrepreneurship
- MBA General Management - Dual Award
Programmes offered in French and German
- B.A./ M.A. International Management / Management International (Franco-German Track in cooperation with ESCE Paris)
- "Mount Holyoke Berlin School of Economics and Law". https://www.mtholyoke.edu.
- "Berlin School of Economics & Law". http://www.eunicas.ie.
- "Berlin School of Economics and Law". http://www.mastersportal.eu.
- "Berlin School of Economics & Law". http://studyabroad.idc.ac.il.