Berlin Township, Mahoning County, Ohio
|Berlin Township, Mahoning County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Mahoning County
|• Total||25.6 sq mi (66.2 km2)|
|• Land||23.9 sq mi (61.8 km2)|
|• Water||1.7 sq mi (4.4 km2)|
|Elevation||1,020 ft (311 m)|
|• Density||89/sq mi (34.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086557|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Milton Township - north
- Jackson Township - northeast corner
- Ellsworth Township - east
- Goshen Township - southeast
- Smith Township - southwest
- Deerfield Township, Portage County - west
- Palmyra Township, Portage County - northwest corner
No municipalities are located in Berlin Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Berlin township, Mahoning County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.