The front cover of a contemporary Bermudian biometric passport.
The data page of a Bermudian passport.
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||British Overseas Territories citizenship|
All other applicants can apply for a Bermudian ePassport at a cost of US$119, a standard passport for US$84 or a jumbo passport for US$106.
Bermudians enjoy visa free entry lasting up to 180 days to the United States when using their Bermudian passports if arriving in the US directly from within the Western Hempishere, and are not required to apply for pre-arrival online authorisation (Electronic System for Travel Authorization). To qualify, they must not have had a criminal conviction or ineligibility, violated US immigration laws in the past and must not be arriving the United States from outside the Western Hemisphere. In addition, they must present a Bermudian passport which fulfils the following criteria:
- The front cover has printed on it "Government of Bermuda"
- The holder's nationality must be stated as either "British Overseas Territories Citizen" or "British Dependent Territories Citizen"
- The passport must contain one of the following endorsement stamps: "Holder is registered as a Bermudian", "Holder Possesses Bermudian Status" or "Holder is deemed to possess Bermudian status"
Alternatively, if Bermudians use their British Citizen passports, when entering the US on the Visa Waiver Program, they can only stay visa-free for up to 90 days and must obtain pre-arrival online authorisation (at a fee of US$10 from 8 September 2010 onwards).
- Bermuda Department of Immigration: Bermuda Passport Fees
- Consulate General of the United States in Hamilton, Bermuda:Bermuda Visa Exemptions