Bern Nadette Stanis
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
Stanis speaks to Cabrini-Green residents in Chicago, 2010.
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Other names||BernNadette Stanis
Bern Nadette Stanis (born Bernadette Stanislaus) is an American actress and author. She is best known for her role as Thelma Ann Evans-Anderson, the middle child of Florida and James Evans on the CBS sitcom, Good Times from 1974-1979. She is the author of two books, Situations 101: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly and a collection of her poetry entitled, For Men Only. Her latest appeararance was on TV One's show Life After.
Life and Career
Stanis played the role of middle child Thelma Evans on Good Times from 1974 to 1979. After Good Times ended, she made appearances on several television shows, including The Cosby Show and What's Happening Now!!. She and former co-star Jimmie Walker lent their voices to a radio spot for AT&T. Stanis was most recently seen in a Nationwide Insurance commercial. Stanis has been featured in several promotions for the TV One network.
She appeared in a "Thelma" promotion that aired on September 19, 2009 alongside actress Anna Maria Horsford in the "Battle of the Thelmas" that specifically aired their weddings from their prospective TV series (Horsford portrayed "Thelma Frye" in the TV series Amen). During the "Way Black Then" promotions in February 2010 (in honor of Black History Month), both she and Walker appeared on a 30 minute program titled "Color TV" to share their memories and thoughts on "Good Times."
- N-Secure (2010)
- In the Midnight Hours (2009) as Cheryl
- The Adventures of Umbweki (2009) (post-production) as Usahnisa
- CAUTION! Heartache Ahead (2009) as Vera
- The Engagement: My Phamily BBQ 2 (2006) as Mrs. Clark
- Still 'Bout It (2004) (V) as Aunt Tee Dee
- Land of the Free? (2004) as Psychiatrist
- Girlfriends as Herself (1 episode, 2003)
- Hidden Blessings (2000) (TV) as Jackson's lawyer
- The Parent 'Hood as L'Tonya, T.K.'s Mother (1 episode, 1999)
- The Wayans Bros. as Thelma Evans (1 episode, 1997)
- The Good News (1 episode, 1997)
- The Cosby Show as Carolyn Thompson (1 episode, 1991)
- What's Happening Now!! as Marcie (1 episode, 1985)
- The Love Boat as Jane Reeves (1 episode, 1980)
- Good Times as Thelma Evans (133 episodes, 1974–1979)
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Bern Nadette Stanis|