||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
Hailed as one of Best TV Anchors along with her partner, Alex Santos in 9th Gawad Tanglaw
|Born||Bernadette Lorraine Palisada Dominguez Sembrano Aguinaldo
February 18, 1976
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
|Occupation||Reporter, Journalist, Radio Broadcaster|
|Spouse(s)||Emilio Aguinaldo IV|
Nicanor T. Sembrano (Father) Elaine D. Sembrano (Mother) Joseph Raymond D. Sembrano (Brother) Gemma E. Sembrano (Sister-in-law) Denise Danielle E. Sembrano (Niece) Mikhaela Nicole E. Sembrano (Niece) Nicanor D. Sembrano Jr. (Brother) Aleli M. Sembrano (Sister-in-law) Mark Gabriel M. Sembrano (Nephew) Lorin M. Sembrano (Niece)Stanley Palisada (Cousin)
Sembrano graduated elementary and high school from Angelicum School (now Angelicum College), a private Catholic school in Quezon City, Philippines. She earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of the Philippines, Diliman.
Sembrano started with Intercontinental Broadcasting Corporation as a newscaster before in 1998 moving to GMA Network, Inc. in 2000-2005 where she was the anchor of the first wishing program of the country, Wish Ko Lang. She and GMA had issues with a TV show she is hosting - exposing alleged graft and corruption of a government official, which the network had delayed airing but with certain disclaimer that made her walk-out on an evening news cast. GMA terminated her contract on 20 December 2003 but she continued to worked on for Wish ko Lang until 14 February 2004. She was then wooed by the rival ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation in where she hosted the public service show "Lukso ng Dugo", an OFW Drama Anthology entitled Nagmamahal, Kapamilya and the morning show Magandang Umaga Pilipinas and as a correspondent in the ABS-CBN longest investigative journalism show, The Correspondents. She is the current host of Salamat Dok, a weekend current affairs program focusing on medicine and health issues.
Sembrano is also a co-anchor in "TV Patrol Weekend", a newscaster in the DZMM radio station programs like Radyo Patrol Alas Dose, Gising Pilipinas with Nelson Lubao and currently anchoring Radyo Patrol Alas Kuwatro with Alex Santos when she replaced Jasmin Romero. And other news and public affairs programs of ABS-CBN.
And now, Sembrano was back to Umagang Kay Ganda as main anchor/host with Anthony Taberna after a few months when she left the show together with Rica Peralejo, Ginger Conejero and Bekimon. She replaced Pinky Webb, a former main anchor and host of Umagang Kay Ganda who already left the morning show last August 2011. She remains one of the more visible newscasters, television hosts, and correspondents of the ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs.
Sembrano owns the B Good Store located inside the ELJ Tower bldg. of ABS-CBN. She was formerly the co-owner and founder of a bookstore specializing in hard-to-find books in Quezon City, Philippines. She formed this business partnership with colleagues in Philippine media and former classmates in college. She married Emilio "Orange" Aguinaldo IV, great-grandson of the first President of the Philippines, Emilio Aguinaldo.
|2012–present||Top Story||News Anchor||ANC|
|2007–2011; 2011–present||Umagang Kay Ganda||Host||ABS-CBN|
|2005–2007||Magandang Umaga, Pilipinas||Host||ABS-CBN|
|2005-2011||TV Patrol Weekend||News Anchor||ABS-CBN|
|2007–present||TV Patrol: Nagmamahal Kapamilya||Segment Host||ABS-CBN|
|2002–2004||Wish Ko Lang||Host||GMA|
|DZMM Radyo Patrol||News Anchor||DZMM|
Awards and Citations
- Students’ Choice of Female News and Public Affairs Host:5th USTv Students Choice Awards
- Best TV Anchor, 9th Gawad Tanglaw
- Most Admired Female TV Personality (from 2005-2010), Anak TV Seal Awards
- Hailed as One of Best Morning Show Host/s for Umagang Kay Ganda (from 2008-2011), Star Awards for TV
- 2012 Anak TV Makabata Star Awardee(Female TV Personalities)
- Best Public Service Program Host (Salamat Doc) 2012 6th Gandingan Awards
- (Best Health Show Host),3rd EdukCircle Awards
- Best TV Public Service Host award for Salamat Dok, 21st Golden Dove Awards of the Kapisanan ng Broadkaster ng Pilipinas (KBP)
- Female Broadcast Journalist of the Year for TV-Rotary Club of Manila Journalism Awards 2014
- (Best Health Show Host),4th EdukCircle Awards 2014
- Best TV Anchor (Dateline ANC)-13th Gawad Tanglaw 2015
- ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs Group
- GMA News and Public Affairs Division
- The Official Website of Ms. Bernadette Sembrano