Bernard J. David (born 1957) is an entrepreneur, educator and author.
David has taught at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania as a Lecturer in Entrepreneurship to undergraduates, graduates and executives.
David has written eight books on various elements of entrepreneurship and allied computer technology use. The books include The Entrepreneurial PC and Milestone Planning for Successful Ventures. He also blogs on The Huffington Post.
Recently, David has turned his attention to the area of sustainability. He believes that a systems approach to sustainability is critical—one that is based on science and uses education to inform policy, individual action and commerce.
From a science perspective, David has served on the boards of NEON, Inc. (The National Ecological Observatory Network) funded by the United States National Science Foundation, the Stroud Water Research Center, and CosmosID. He is also the founder of the Global CO2 Science Initiative. Mr. David sits on the Advisory Committee of the AAAS-Lemelson Invention Ambassadors Program, a program designed to highlight the importance of invention to economic development, innovation and quality of life, globally.
Educationally, David founded erthnxt, inc., now a part of the National Wildlife Federation, whose flagship program “Trees for Wildlife” focuses on educating youth on the merits of gaining a long-term perspective. David is also a Senior Fellow at The Wharton School’s Initiative on Global Environmental Leadership (IGEL).
From a policy standpoint, David served as a Trustee of The H. John Heinz III Center for Science, Economics and the Environment. He has also been an advisor to the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
In 2007, David gave a speech to the Pacific Pension Institute’s Annual Conference entitled, “Climate Change and Its Influence on Investing: A New Perspective.”  This speech outlined investment opportunities brought on by a changing climate. Its approach has been used by David when making investments or serving on the boards of sustainable businesses. As such, David serves as the Chairman of ReProduct, Inc.; and as a member of the Board of Directors of CMC Energy Services, Inc.. He has served on the boards of Tangent Energy Solutions and Philadelphia Renewable Energy, Inc. David has also served as an Advisor to EnerTech Capital.
David earned a Bachelors of Arts in Political Science from the University of Pennsylvania, a Bachelors of Science in Finance and an MBA in Marketing from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bernard-david/ , The Huffington Post, Bernard David Biography, Accessed 10/14/13
- http://www.neoninc.org/bios/bdavid , Neon, Inc, Bernard David Biography, Accessed 10/14/13
- http://blog.nwf.org/2009/12/new-nwf-program-erthnxttrees-for-the-21st-century/ , National Wildlife Federation, New NWF Program: Erthnxt: Trees for the 21st Century. 12/31/09
- http://executiveeducation.wharton.upenn.edu/faculty/F7BF49A260354B6CB8F9B3528A3D304B/bernard-david , Wharton: The University of Pennsylvania, Bernard David Biography, Accessed 10/14/13
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bernard-david/post_3960_b_2051945.html , The Huffington Post, Bernard David: Climate Change and Its Influence On Investing:A New Perspective, 10/31/12
- http://www.reproduct.net/index.cfm?fuseaction=trees.pageDetails&p=727-75-1148 , ReProduct, Company Overview, Accessed 10/14/13