Bernard Émond (born 1951) is a French-language Canadian director and screenwriter particularly noted for his spiritual films and documentaries on the human condition.
Awards and recognition
- 2009: Youth Jury Special Award and Environnment is Quality of Life Award, Don Quixote Award, Locarno International Film Festival, La Donation; nomination, Golden Leopard.
- 2009: Genie Award for Best Screenplay, Original, Ce qu'il faut pour vivre; Jutra Award, Best Screenplay
- 2008, Nomination, Jutra Award for Best Direction and Best Screenplay, Contre toute espérance
- 2006, Nomination, Jutra Award for Best Direction and Best Screenplay, La Neuvaine
- 2005: Prize of the Ecumenical Jury and Youth Jury Award: Environment is Quality of Life of the Locarno International Film Festival, La Neuvaine; Nomination, Golden Leopard
- 2002: Nomination, Genie Award for Best Achievement in Direction, La Femme qui boit
- 2001: Nomination, Golden Bayard, Namur International Film Festival, La Femme qui boit