Bernard Krone Holding
|Type||GmbH & Co. KG|
|Key people||Alfons Veer
Gero Schulze Isfort
Dr.-Ing. E.h. Bernard Krone
Dr. Wilhelm-Friedrich Holtgrave
|Products||agricultural machinery, semi trailers, trailers, tippers, box vehicles, swap systems and others|
|Revenue||approx. 1,201 Mrd. Euro (2006/07)|
The Bernard Krone Holding GmbH & Co. KG goes back to the year 1906 when Bernard and Anna Krone founded as a blacksmith's shop. He sold agricultural hardware, ovens and stowes.
In 1924 he bequeathed his business to his son who was also named Bernard.
The holding, still family property, consists of three judicially independent companies:
- Fahrzeugwerk (Vehicle Manufactury) Bernard Krone GmbH
- Maschinenfabrik (Machine Manufactury) Bernard Krone GmbH
- Landtechnik Vertrieb und Dienstleistungen (Agricultural Distribution and Services) Bernard Krone Gmbh
The main works are in Spelle und Werlte. Dr.-Ing. E. h. Bernard Krone, owner and Chairman of the Advisory Board of Bernard Krone Holding GmbH & Co. KG is member of the Presiding Board of the VDA (Verband der Automobilindustrie = German Car Industry Association)
Fahrzeugwerk Bernard Krone GmbH builds trailers, semi trailers, swap systems, steel-clad swap bodies and insulated refrigerated bodies, carriers and superstructures.
The company has subsidiaries in four countries.
Maschinenfabrik Bernard Krone GmbH is one of Europe's foremost producers of forage wagons, self-loading forage wagons, disc mowers, rotary tedders, rakes, large square balers, round balers, forage harvesters and high-performance mower conditioners.
The company is present in many countries including the USA.
Agricultural Distribution and Services
Landtechnik Vertrieb und Dienstleistungen Bernard Krone Gmbh offers a variety of services and also deals with machines and vehicles of other producers.
- "How the trailer and body industry responds to changing customer structures". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "The Krone family business – leaders in agricultural machinery – Made in Germany". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "Fahrzeugwerk Bernard Krone GmbH, manufacturer of the Krone Mega, is based in Werlte, Germany.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "The other members of the Presiding Board and the Vice-presidents – Dr Jürgen Geissinger, CEO of the Schaeffler Group; Dr.-Ing. E. h. Bernard Krone, owner and Chairman of the Advisory Board of Bernard Krone Holding GmbH & Co. KG; and Dr Dieter Zetsche, Chairman of the Board of Management at Daimler AG – were also unanimously re-elected.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "Krone is a German manufacturer of trailers and semi trailers. The product range comprises semi trailers, swap systems, trailers, and rigid bodywork.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "Krone achieved another production record in 2007 when its dedicated plant at Herzlake, operated by longstanding partner Bruggen Komponenten GmbH, delivered over 12,500 steel-clad swap bodies plus a few hundred of more specialised type". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "Bernard Krone A/S manufactures insulated refrigerated bodies in Scandinavia. It offers various refrigerated trailers. Bernard Krone A/S was formerly known as Krone-Wabash A/S. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Kjellerup-Hvam, Denmark. Bernard Krone A/S operates as a subsidiary of Bernard Krone Holding GmbH & Co. KG.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "The company already has a tradition of over 100 years, and its product portfolio includes curtain siders, insulated trailers and semi-trailers, container chassis, swap bodies, carriers and superstructures.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "Ever since the production of commercial vehicles in Emsland started 30 years ago, Krone produces at four locations within Europe in cooperation with the long-time expert partner Brüggen. In fall 2011 an additional plant in Turkey will start with the production of semi-trailers.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "More than a third of all forage wagons sold in Germany are manufactured by Krone. This is evidenced by the latest sales statistics for the 2009/2010 season". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "This includes disc mowers, rotary tedders, rakes, self-loading forage wagons, large square balers, round balers as well as the self-propelled high performance mower conditioner BiG M and the self-propelled forage harvester BiG X.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "The complete Krone program includes disc mowers, rotary tedders, rotary rakes, loading and discharge wagons and big pack balers and round balers. The Krone product line also includes two self-propelled machines: the Big M high-performance mower conditioner and the Big X exact forage har-vester.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "On Wednesday, August 16, 2006, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for KRONE.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.
- "Maschinenfabrik Bernard Krone Gmbh exports products to M & W Gear Company in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania via Bremerhaven.". Retrieved 2011-06-05.