Bernard Poignant (born 19 September 1945 in Vannes, Brittany) is a French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the west of France. He is a member of the Socialist Party, which is part of the Party of European Socialists, and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Fisheries and its Committee on Regional Development.
He is a substitute for the Committee on Budgetary Control and a member of the delegation for relations with the countries of Southeast Asia and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations. He is also a substitute for the delegation to the EU–Kazakhstan, EU–Kyrgyzstan and EU–Uzbekistan Parliamentary Cooperation Committees, and for relations with Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Mongolia.
- Highest postgraduate teaching qualification in history (1970)
- Former Chairman of the National Federation of Socialist and Republican Elected Representatives
- Mayor of Quimper (1989–2001)
- Member of the French Parliament (1981–1986 and 1988–1993)
- Member of the European Parliament (since 1999)
- Knight of the Legion of Honour