Bernard Privat (1914-1985) was a French writer and editor.
Bernard Privat received the Prix Femina for Au pied du mur in 1959.
He was also in charge of the éditions Grasset for over twenty-five years. As Bernard Grasset's nephew, Bernard Privat took the job in 1954. In 1967, along with his friend Jean-Claude Fasquelle, he merged his publishing company with the éditions Fasquelle. He would go on to publish authors such as Yves Berger, François Nourissier, Françoise Mallet-Joris, Matthieu Galey, Françoise Verny, and Edmonde Charles-Roux, who received the Prix Goncourt with Oublier Palerme. Bernard Privat left his job at the éditions Grasset in 1981.
- Cet ange en moi (1943, poetry)
- Églogues by Virgil (1948, translation)
- Armance (1947)
- Au pied du mur, (1959, Prix Femina)
- Une nuit sans sommeil (1966)
- La Jeune Fille (1976)
- L'Itinéraire (1982)
- 'Olivier Nora, le diplomate' in Le Figaro, 14 October 2007.
- Official Website for the editions Grasset