|Foundry||American Type Founders|
|Date released||1929 - 30|
|Design based on||Futura, Kabel|
|Also known as||Greeting Gothic|
- Bernhard Gothic Light (1929)
- Bernhard Gothic Medium (1929)
- Bernhard Gothic Light Italic (1930)
- Bernhard Gothic Heavy (1930)
- Bernhard Gothic Extra Heavy (1930)
A final member of the family, Bernhard Gothic Medium Condensed, was introduced by ATF in 1936, but it is unclear as to who the designer was.
Bernhard Gothic is more organic and less regular than other geometric sans-serif typefaces, including Futura, Kabel, and Twentieth Century, showing influence of Bernhard's earlier more expressionistic faces.
Hot Metal Copies
- MacGrew, Mac, "American Metal Typefaces of the Twentieth Century," Oak Knoll Books, New Castle Delaware, 1993, ISBN 0-938768-34-4, pp. 32 - 33.
- MacGrew, "American Metal Typefaces of the Twentieth Century," p. 33.
|This typography-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|