Bert Mooney Airport
|Bert Mooney Airport|
|IATA: BTM – ICAO: KBTM – FAA LID: BTM|
|Owner||Bert Mooney Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||5,550 ft / 1,692 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Bert Mooney Airport (IATA: BTM, ICAO: KBTM, FAA LID: BTM) is a public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southeast of the central business district of Butte, a city in Silver Bow County, Montana, United States. It is owned by the Bert Mooney Airport Authority.
The airport name was changed in 1972 to honor Bert Mooney, an aviator from Butte who was the first to fly mail into Yellowstone National Park in 1935. Prior to this the airport was named Butte Municipal Airport (from its opening in 1926) and Silver Bow County Airport from 1960-1972.
Bert Mooney Airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a primary commercial service facility (more than 10,000 enplanements per year). As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 30,431 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 25,178 enplanements in 2009, and 25,433 in 2010.
Facilities and aircraft
Bert Mooney Airport covers an area of 890 acres (360 ha) at an elevation of 5,550 feet (1,692 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 15/33 measures 9,001 by 150 feet (2,744 x 46 m) and 11/29 is 5,100 by 75 feet.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2011, the airport had 23,934 aircraft operations, an average of 65 per day: 86% general aviation, 8% air taxi, 3% scheduled commercial, and 3% military. At that time there were 36 aircraft based at this airport: 67% single-engine, 25% multi-engine, and 8% helicopter.
Airline and destination
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|Delta Connection operated by SkyWest Airlines||Salt Lake City|
Accidents and incidents
- FAA Airport Master Record for BTM ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- AP http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090323/ap_on_re_us/plane_crash_montana_17
- Reuters http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090323/ts_nm/us_usa_crash_montana_3
- Bert Mooney Airport, official site
- (PDF), effective November 14, 2013
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BTM, effective November 14, 2013
- Resources for this airport: