Berthold Leibinger Zukunftspreis
The Berthold Leibinger Zukunftspreis (engl.: future prize) is an international award for excellent research on the application or generation of laser light. Since 2006 it is biennially awarded by the German non-profit foundation Berthold Leibinger Stiftung with an amount of 30,000 euros, not earmarked.
- 2012: Osamu Kumagai, Sony Corp., “Multi-Wavelength Laser Diode for Backward Compatibility of Three Generations’ Optical Disc Systems”
- 2010: Federico Capasso, Harvard University, “Quantum Cascade Lasers”
- 2008: Xiaoliang Sunney Xie, Harvard University, “Single-Molecule Biophysics and Non-Linear Optical Microscopy“
- 2006: H. Jeffrey Kimble, California Institute of Technology, “Cavity quantum electrodynamics“
- Laser Focus World online news May 21, 2008: "Harvard's Xie to receive award for laser and microscopy based research"
- Berthold Leibinger Innovationspreis (affiliated innovation prize)
- Berthold Leibinger (founder of issuing foundation)