Best Coach/Manager ESPY Award
The Best Coach/Manager ESPY Award has been presented annually since 1993 to the head coach or manager of a team contesting play in a professional North American or collegiate sports league adjudged to be the best in a given calendar year.
Between 1993 and 2004, the award voting panel comprised variously fans; sportswriters and broadcasters, sports executives, and retired sportspersons, termed collectively experts; and ESPN personalities, but balloting thereafter has been exclusively by fans over the Internet from amongst choices selected by the ESPN Select Nominating Committee. Through the 2001 iteration of the ESPY Awards, ceremonies were conducted in February of each year to honor achievements over the previous calendar year; awards presented thereafter are conferred in June and reflect performance from the June previous.
List of winners
- Jack Adams Award
- MLS Coach of the Year Award
- Major League Baseball Manager of the Year Award, The Sporting News Manager of the Year Award
- National Basketball Association Coach of the Year Award
- National Football League Coach of the Year Award
- Clair Bee Coach of the Year Award, Henry Iba Award, Naismith College Coach of the Year Award (collegiate basketball)
- Paul "Bear" Bryant Award, Walter Camp Coach of the Year Award, Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award (collegiate football)
- Because of the rescheduling of the ESPY Awards ceremony, the award presented in 2002 was given in consideration of performance betwixt February 2001 and June 2002.