Best Driver ESPY Award
The Best Driver ESPY Award, known alternatively as the Best Auto Racing Driver ESPY Award, has been presented annually since 1993 to the motorsports driver, irrespective of racing series or sort or nationality, adjudged to be the best in a given calendar year.
Between 1993 and 2004, the award voting panel comprised variously fans; sportswriters and broadcasters, sports executives, and retired sportspersons, termed collectively experts; and ESPN personalities, but balloting thereafter has been exclusively by fans over the Internet from amongst choices selected by the ESPN Select Nominating Committee.
Through the 2001 iteration of the ESPY Awards, ceremonies were conducted in February of each year to honor achievements over the previous calendar year; awards presented thereafter are conferred in June and reflect performance from the June previous.
List of winners
- Auto racing trophies and awards
- List of CART/Champ Car champions
- List of Formula One World Drivers' Champions
- List of Indy Racing League champions
- List of NASCAR champions
- Because of the rescheduling of the ESPY Awards ceremony, the award presented in 2002 was given in consideration of performance betwixt February 2001 and June 2002.