Best Male Athlete with a Disability ESPY Award
The Best Male Athlete with a Disability ESPY Award, known alternatively as the Outstanding Male Athlete with a Disability ESPY Award, has been presented annually since 2005 to the male, irrespective of nationality or sport contested, adjudged to be the best athlete with a physical disability in a given calendar year. Between 2002 and 2004, the non-gender-specific Best Athlete with a Disability ESPY Award was presented, but the award was bifurcated by gender prior to the selection of the candidates for the 2005 ESPY Awards.
Balloting is undertaken over the Internet by fans from amongst choices selected by the ESPN Select Nominating Committee, and awards are conferred in June to reflect performance and achievement from the twelve months previous to presentation.
List of winners
- Best Female Athlete with a Disability ESPY Award
- Best Male Athlete ESPY Award
- Paralympic Games
- United States Olympic Committee Paralympian of the Year Award
- Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability
- "Mavericks, Dirk Nowitzki win at ESPYs". ESPN.com. July 13, 2011. Retrieved July 14, 2011.