Best NFL Player ESPY Award
The 'best' NFL Player ESPY Award has been presented annually since 1993 to the National Football League player adjudged to be the best in a given calendar year, namely in the NFL season immediately precedent to the holding of the ESPY Awards ceremony.
Between 1993 and 2004, the award voting panel comprised variously fans; sportswriters and broadcasters, sports executives, and retired sportspersons, termed collectively experts; but balloting thereafter has been exclusively by fans over the Internet from amongst choices selected by the ESPN Select Nominating Committee.
Through the 2001 iteration of the ESPY Awards, ceremonies were conducted in February of each year to honor achievements over the previous calendar year; awards presented thereafter are conferred in June and reflect performance from the June previous.
Six players—quarterbacks Brett Favre, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers and running backs Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, and Marshall Faulk—have won the award twice; each save Sanders was a back-to-back honoree.
- National Football League Most Valuable Player Award
- NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award
- NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award
- UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year
- UPI NFL-NFC Player of the Year
- "Mavericks, Dirk Nowitzki win at ESPYs". ESPN.com. July 13, 2011. Retrieved July 14, 2011.